Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Hiking?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

Today November 17th is National Take a Hike Day.

Do you ever go hiking or have you ever gone hiking? (anywhere special?)

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Mostly now I just go for scenic nature walks but I would go hiking still.

We've gone on small hikes when camping with the kids in the woods etc.

My biggest most memorable hike was when I was in a girls group home in Traverse City Michigan when I was almost 15, they all 12 of us teen girls camping and then for what was intended to be a several hour hike in the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes (think dessert with huge hills of sand everywhere although next to lake which is at bottom of cliff.)

We were divided with staff members into two separate groups. The group I was in got lost and we were getting overheated and sick from the blaring sun and one girl got bit by a wasp in the face, and we were out there a couple hours longer than what the plan had been so the other group made it back and told the rangers who had just headed out to find us when we were just coming back into base, a couple of the girls started crying in relief. lol The sand dunes are fun for a short visit but I would never want to hike in them for extended period of time again. I prefer hiking with shade in the woods. lol

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM

We live in Washington, we go hiking all of the time. :-)

Bradya
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Nope
MomToovey
by Marianne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Lol, seriously, what AREN'T we celebrating today?!

I used to enjoy hiking and we had a plethora of trails growing up in the Phoenix area, but not only do I not live there anymore, but I also have a bad knee. No more hiking for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Quoting MomToovey:

Lol, seriously, what AREN'T we celebrating today?!

I used to enjoy hiking and we had a plethora of trails growing up in the Phoenix area, but not only do I not live there anymore, but I also have a bad knee. No more hiking for me.

Tee hee  I listed on another post a list of even more days that today is about that I didnt post besides lol

I do think its fun celebrating the little days and it makes interesting topics of conversation I think. : )

JeremysMom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I LOVE Hiking! My favorite hike was the hike up to the Hike Inn. Right now, my husband and I are planning a backpacking trip for a weekend on the Pinhoti trail.

BlessingsMama
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I love hiking. Best hiking trip was in Matapalo Costa Rica. Ended with a tree climb. Loved it and hope to do it again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)