Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Homemade Bread?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

Today November 17th is National Homemade Bread Day.

Do you ever make homemade bread?

What kind of bread is your favorite (out of regular breads and sweet breads included?)

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanasue31204
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I make homemade bread every few days, I started a few months ago as a way to save money and cut back on processed food. Now if something happens and I have to buy store bought my husband and kids complain because it doesn't taste good. I usually make whole wheat or white
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM

My mom use to make homemade white bread all the time when I was a kid, we always loved to get a slice when still warm with butter and jelly on it.

When the 5 kids were growing up I them different sweet breads sometimes and we also made fried bread which we all loved too.

My two favorite sweetbreads are banana and then pumpkin but very very favorite is the kind my mom use to make banana bread with m&ms in it. MMMMM

I found this online to share with you.

Banana Bread with M&Ms

you need:
3 overripe bananas
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 egg
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 tbs milk- chocolate chips ( or m&m's)

pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and egg.
melt butter in microwave, add it to the bowl, and stir until just blended.
pour into greased loaf pan. Sprinkle on chocolate chips. Bake for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

It's yummy.

Bradya
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Nope
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I don't make breads anymore unless its a major holiday because Todd and I both eat low carb

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:18 PM

The year before my divorce approx 12 yrs ago or so, my ex got a bread machine and he LOVED that thing, he was making all different kinds of bread at least several times a week lol The kids liked it too.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM

i don't buy any of our bread, i make it all.  I make 2 loaves every other day.  Simple amish white bread.  I also make biscuits, rolls, donuts, etc.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Lol, there are so many celebrations today that I'm surprised it's not a national holiday!

My favorite homedmade bread is banana nut :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MomToovey:

Lol, there are so many celebrations today that I'm surprised it's not a national holiday!

My favorite homedmade bread is banana nut :)

I know right?! lol

Actually there is a list of even more celebrations today that I didn't even post including:

National Unfriend Day

National Day of Play

National Survivors of Suicide Day

World Prematurity awareness day.

Apple1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I haven't ever made bread from scratch myself, but I am going to for Thanksgiving this year! :)  It's my Grandmas  receipe that has been in the family for years, she used to make it almost every thanksgiving!  So, this year I'm making it, it's sentimental because she died about 12 years ago and we were very close....Here is the receipe!

4 cups of pumpkin

4 cups of sugar

1 cup of oil

5 cups of flour

4 tsp. soda

1 tsp. cloves

1 tsp. cinnamon

2 cups of nuts (she used walnuts)

2 cups of dates (cut)

Mix in order given.  Mixing flour, soda, cloves and cinnamon together.  Bake in3 or 4 loafs at 350 for 1 hour.  I'm planning on making 2 loafs at a time in the oven :)

Lorena
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I only sometimes make homemade.( with the help of my bread machine). I favorites are garic and Apple cinnamon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)