Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I wanna get married

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
Not this second or anything but soon.. my bf and I were talking lastnight and I just mentioned I want to get married and he is like why we already live together and its like were married already why do you want to rush... Im like really rush we have been dating for 2.5 years!!!!! He said why do I want to marry him I said because I love you and I want that commitment.. I then asked if he wants to marry me in the future and he said yes... Guess in just annoyed with the fact he says what will change we already live together.. makes me kinda think I should get my own place until he commits to marrying me....
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. You should. Now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DonnaPinitonya
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Wait out the rest of this year before you bring it up again. Guys clam up and with the holidays already approaching you don't want him to feel pressured since this is a popular time of year to get engaged. 

DonnaPinitonya
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Why should she? He seems to already feel very committed. If she does move out she needs to give him great points why she doesn't feel the same level of commitment and just up and moving with out notice is relationship suicide. If she re visits the convo and says this is how I feel and if you can't see this I'm moving out in 1 month... 3 months whatever than he has time to take it in and reflect and more likely save the relationship. 

Quoting 98765:

Yes. You should. Now.

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM
It took 5 years and 2 kids before I got engaged lol. We were already living together and we felt married. Sure enough nothing but my last name changed when we did get married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Honestly, I'd be tempted to get my own place if I were you. It seems a lot of times that men see no point in getting married once you live together..silly. But I know how you're feeling. My boyfriend adn I don't live together, but have been togethre for almost 3 years and no ring in sight even though we have plans to get married..ugh. I am getting BEYOND impatient.

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Maybe he already is planning it and wants to throw you off. Don't push him. Sit back and relax. I'm sorry..i was with my husband 7 yrs before we got married. It was a longggggg 7 yrs too. We had come to the conclusion we just weren't meant to be married.

If it weren't for my dd being adopted, we wouldn't be married I am sure
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Yes, I think you should get your own place. That attitude is why I didn't live with my husband until we were married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN