Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I cant stand DHs family

Posted by   + Show Post
I always feel stupid and not welcome so I put my foot down today, and passed on a bday dinner at SIL House , she's the one I can't stand the most ......

He calls me saying that I should have went, and the he feels bad for not taking our baby . I honestly didnt want the baby out while we have rainy weather , and they always annoy her. They are loud and she's not fond of commotion .

I just want him to come home already, I am so bored ......
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Replies (21-28):
bbyB10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Quoting hippiechik3:

I dont ether but your damn strait I go. I know how families talk about someone they dont like to a dh/so even if it is their love. Showing your face with a smile will always put them in their place. My MIL HATES me.

Kill them with kindness LOL LOL LOL
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry they are like that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bbyB10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Quoting grumpyboston:

I can't stand mine either we were invited for thanksgiving . I was just invited because they know darn well I would say no . I would rather starve then ever go there

Most likely this was the case yesterday , I will never go so low to go in their house and be around TRASH
jnw2992
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:56 AM

i grew up knowing my husband and his family so maybe thats the difference but i love my in-laws and we have an awesome relationship i call my MIL daily and we go shopping with my mom and sister too once a month (and my 3 yo)

i.heart.myboys
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Good luck. I think it's something that you got to learn with and try to do your best with the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookworm14
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I know how ya feel! I try to avoid my boyfriend's folks as much as I can. His dad is cool, but his mom is just a bitch. For some insane reason, she doesn't believe I should have any say in discipling his kids and has even called me a bitch & blaming the kids' behavior on me. Yeah, I don't need to be around that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I am just gonna say that if they include you then you should attend.  They are your husbands family.  You really didn't elaborate at all.  Depending on how your husband feels about his family that can cause a lot of heartache between you 2.

You should be the adult and go.  Mature people put their differences aside and make the best of it!  Maybe you should sit down and talk to your inlaws it never hurts.  

Queen_Sheila
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I never called my MIL Mom because I didn't feel comfortable with it, I have a mom, but my MIL has been a better mother to me than my own for the last two years. We're close and we show it in other ways.

Quoting bbyB10:

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

I'm sorry that you don't get along with your in-laws, I got lucky and I love mine. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like one of my brother's and my mother.

That's where I am lucky, he loves my fam., calls my mom "MOM" :))) they love him too.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN