Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Sometimes I want to break his Xbox

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok... I admit the thought of crushing his Xbox into a million little pieces has crossed my mind.
I love video games and I also have an Xbox. But for the mean time, I've let my cousin use my Xbox. Plus with our 2 month dd I don't have time to play anyway.
Buy our dd hasn't stopped my husband from playing every night online with his friends.
Once our dd is asleep, I want him to come to bed with me. But instead he'll stay up til 2am most days playing his damn Xbox. We've only had sex 3 times this week (which to be honest is good considering it was 2 or 3 times a month), but I miss cuddling and having more sex with him.
I've initiated sex more than he. And to make it even more irritating, he just woke up 15mins ago and is already on his Xbox. When I ask if I can play online with him or use his online profile, he always says I'm not the best player. Lame. I may suck at video games since I've been busy with school and our daughter, but I'm trying to make an activity he loves into something we can both enjoy. So far it's been an epic fail.
That's why I want to chuck his Xbox out the window sometimes. He admitted that his ex who he used to live with would get upset with his constant video game playing. He said she was just bitching about it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sweetkennedy3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM
The damn Xbox I deal with the same damn thing! The house could be on fire and I think that would be the first thing he would save!!

Quoting ara-myangel:

Ok... I admit the thought of crushing his Xbox into a million little pieces has crossed my mind.

I love video games and I also have an Xbox. But for the mean time, I've let my cousin use my Xbox. Plus with our 2 month dd I don't have time to play anyway.

Buy our dd hasn't stopped my husband from playing every night online with his friends.

Once our dd is asleep, I want him to come to bed with me. But instead he'll stay up til 2am most days playing his damn Xbox. We've only had sex 3 times this week (which to be honest is good considering it was 2 or 3 times a month), but I miss cuddling and having more sex with him.

I've initiated sex more than he. And to make it even more irritating, he just woke up 15mins ago and is already on his Xbox. When I ask if I can play online with him or use his online profile, he always says I'm not the best player. Lame. I may suck at video games since I've been busy with school and our daughter, but I'm trying to make an activity he loves into something we can both enjoy. So far it's been an epic fail.

That's why I want to chuck his Xbox out the window sometimes. He admitted that his ex who he used to live with would get upset with his constant video game playing. He said she was just bitching about it

furbabymum
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I've got a system for dealing with this. As a WoW player spouse (and a reformed WoW player myself) I understand the draw for games. So, I have various policies in place:

1) an hour a day he must spend totally focused on his family. This is something I insist upon more during the summer when we can take walks and play outside together. It's harder to do when the weather keeps us pinned up inside.

2) I give him advance warning that I need his attention and when he reaches a stopping point in his game he finds me and we discuss whatever I need discussed.

3) I've recently instituted an electronics free night every week. Our first one was last Tuesday. It was awful. My DH was great but our DS made it so miserable I wanted to scrap the whole thing. lol The joys of having a 2 year old!

babylove041810
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I want to break dh's phone. Our Xbox is broken so now he spends all of his time on his phone playing games...
thecoffeefairy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Wow! I kinda suck at video games but my hubby AND son play with me still. They wait for me to finish dishes, and help me improve my skills. I would let him know video games come second, not his family. It's sooo not cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN