Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I don't know how much longer I can keep this up

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  • 25 Replies

My husband lost his job two months ago and still hasn't found another one, but he hasn't really been looking very hard; he has unemployment, but he's getting half of what he was earning. I hate my job, but I have to keep working because I'm the main provider for this family right now.

I love my husband, but everyday when I come home nothing is done, the house is a nightmare, and I'm too exhausted from work to do anything about it.So guess what I get to do on my "day off?" Play catch up with the chores. On top of everything else, I'm pregnant again and the stress is wearing me down.

Something has too change, but it doesn't seem to matter when I talk to him about it. He says he can't get anything done when he's home alone with our son, but if I can do it I think he can too. He finds time to play video games, but he can't do the dishes or take out the garbage? I dont' think so. I might take all the controllers with me to work tomorrow.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

how sad he wont step up and act like your husband.

Queen_Sheila
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I know part of it is because he's depressed that he's not working, but a job isn't going to fall into his lap.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

how sad he wont step up and act like your husband.

CafeMom Tickers

3lilladies81
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I'm sorry momma :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Thats a great idea. Get the controllers and the games so he can't call a buddy to bring him a controller.

Queen_Sheila
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM

His buddies live too far to bring him a controller, but thanks lol

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Thats a great idea. Get the controllers and the games so he can't call a buddy to bring him a controller.

CafeMom Tickers

rockyhugs35
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM
I know when my dad list his job (for 2years) he was vey depressed and literally did nothing except watch the news and get even more depressed. That could be how your hubby is feeling. I'm sorry though. Def take the controllers.
Queen_Sheila
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, he's not going to like it but it's for his own good.

Quoting rockyhugs35:

I know when my dad list his job (for 2years) he was vey depressed and literally did nothing except watch the news and get even more depressed. That could be how your hubby is feeling. I'm sorry though. Def take the controllers.

CafeMom Tickers

CameronsMommy23
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd leave a honey do list for him everyday. Tell him to find a new job asap and he won't have chores to do anymore. Take the controllers for a few days too.
nicole2884
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:58 PM

if he has time to play games he has time to help, bs excuse would piss me off too

soda91
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I'm sorry hun, but trust me when I say I know what you mean. When I was pregnant with my daughter, my boyfriend wasn't working at all. And we have a son who's now 2 yrs old. And I would wake up at 4 in the morning having to work at 5 until 3, and come home to finding him just waking up, or playing games. While the house was a complete disaster. I couldn't take it anymore and packed up all his stuff and left it by the front door. Told him how I felt and he changed for a while. But than it went back all over again. Its like a broken record. But now I'm on unemployment, and he does temping. I stay home with both kids and have all the house work. Which is hard, and I get no help. But we did have a talk about things last night, and I'm hoping to see changes cause I'm not happy anymore. I'm not happy depending on my unemployment, but my kids need me at home. My daughter is 6 months and is blind, so we agreed that I should be at home with her. Let me say maybe he is depressed, but hun maybe its that he's lazy, and he's depending on his unemployment and wants to ride it out til its done. That's just my opinion, but best of luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN