Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

un happyness

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

ok so heres the deal my husband says all the time how he hates where we live its a small town and hes only been here for 7 months  i dont mind it to much it has its ups and downs but what place doesnt, he is a recovered addict 3 years and 3 months clean now (so proud of him) and so he doesnt have any friends in our new town.

His kids from a previous relatonship live only 3 hrs away we have talked about moving but when the subject comes up where he wants to go is to his old town where he used to get high and sell drugs and cheat alot alot!!!!  but then he will also say he doesnt want to move away from his other kids  so frustrated cuz i have told him im up for moving anywhere except the one town but then he will say no im fine

i think he just needs to make some new friends  but how does one go about it at age of 32 with limited resources who also stopped going to church

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this

www.meetup.com. It isn't a dating site it is for people of like interests to meet up and hang out and make friends.  Its public, etc.  There are meet ups for just about anything...single moms, play groups, chirstian groups, and you just search your interests and your area...it's pretty cool

MamaSince2005
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh is 33 and we don't go to church. I meet new people through meetup.com (i joined a couple of mommy groups) and then i have my new friend's husbands hang out with my dh. that's how i help my dh make new friends. So far, it's working out great. 

rosie211
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I agree with you that you all don't need to move back to that town; if he goes back, he could very easily fall back into old negative behaviours. Making new friends as an adult can be very difficult and it may seem easier to him to go back to old friends. It would be best to be supportive and encouraging and maybe you all can both get involved in some healthy activity. Even a walk together would be nice. Are there any interests that he has that you can help him explore? You didn't say what he was addicted to, but once an addict, always an addict, so he is going to have to continually find other activities to occupy his mind. Good luck and keep us updated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN