Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you let your DH visit with a female friend?

Okay, so before my DH and I used to go visit a mutual friend of ours. We usually would visit on this girl's break at her parents restaurant. (They don't allow her to go for a walk or anything like that.) I figured I would let my DH go visit her by himself because our DD likes to run around all the time and every time we visited our friend I was the one who ended up going outside with DD all the time. (My DH is better friends with her anyway.) Since I got tired of just being the babysitter I just decided that it was logical for my DH to go alone. I feel a bit jealous and worried though. About 8 months ago she told him that she used to like him. It's kinda stupid but I kept wondering why she felt the need to tell him that since he's married and all. I guess I'm just worried that she will like him again. Is that stupid? I know my DH has never liked her that way.

Rose <3 Hugo 02/24/2011

Marguerite 02/02/2011

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Charweba
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

agreed

Quoting xoch86:

THAT is when I would have a problem with it.. If they are just friends, fine.. Bt this female clearly had feelings for ur DH, and that could lead to trouble. Just because he doesn't want her , doesn't mean SHE won't try to win him over, and that's a no no.. She crossed a seriously line in telling m that, and I wouldn't give her the chance to act on it.

artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

As long as he's honest and open, and nothing shady happens.

My husband lets me talk to a fews guys I used to know, because he is secure, I need to return that trust.

Sondi7
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I guess I am confused as to why you guys visit her at work? Why not plan something when she isn't working and maybe get a sitter or have her come over or meet at a park? 

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM
No I wouldn't. There was his brothers girlfriend that was texting and calling my dh only when he was at work. He claimed to chat about his brother who had lots of issues. I thought it odd he only seemed to have issues when I wasn't around. I told him I didn't like it and to cut off contact that she was up to something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Nothing wrong if you trust your husband
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy20009
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Nope, not ok with that at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine2plus2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM

No I would not be okay with it

nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Quoting LClark1973:

My husband had female friends at onne point, and I never said much about it. One of them had been around for a few years, and she caused a lot of trouble. I fianlly sat my husband down and pointed out exactly what her behavior was doing to us. It caused a fight everytime. I told him, because of her behavior she is not welcome here. He waffled for a few times , then just accepted that she is not supportive of our marriage and she is not welcome anymore in our life.

hubs has one a friend that has caused a ton of trouble between us...she would sext him, asking him to meet up and all...He told me prior to all of this that they did go out once, they slept together once...When I confronted her on the last text msg i found (since then she's been blocked from our cell provider) she told me she was jealous of me, and that she "loved" him..I told her bitch please, he f'ed you once, he took you out once, and you love him...what are you 15?..

then i told him that people like that regardless of their sex have no respect for you/me or our marriage...he saw my point, and voluntarily blocked her from everything....

mopargurl
by Manna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

A friend? yes. A friend that's admitted to having more than friendly feelings, hell no.

Ama2Gunner
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Yes. I trust my husband to make sure things don't go farther than they should. And if he wants them to, I trust him to tell me first. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)