Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i believe that the woman should stay at home, cook/clean/laundry etc. 

and that means if your hubby isn't home for dinner, you either take him a plate if you can, or fix him a plate and stick it in the microwave for when he does get home.

there ya go ya cm moaners.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM

this is just my OPINION, so don't jump my throat when you read this. 

but i think that is part of the problem now a days.....

everything ha. s to be either MINE, or HIS.

when you are married it's OURS TOGETHER. 

so it's OUR money

And some of us are able to, but choose not to. I like having my own money.

Quoting hippiechik3:

I agree. I think a mothers place is with her children an a wifes place is to support her DH. However not everyone is able to be a full time wife an mother.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Actually.. she agrees with the sub/dom thing once I explained it a bit further (for those who need to do research)

oh i am, and he knows i am. 

just we live with my mother, so yeah

Quoting ibelieveinpink:

Just because she carries a traditional housewife role does not mean she is submissive.

Quoting TommyAbby:

I used to sell sex toys.Actually hung up my handcuffs this year and "retired" my California Exotics Sexpert title. :)   I know all about sub/dom...it doesn't always apply to sex only. Somone in the relationship is the dominant (aka: head of household. I do believe that is the term you yourself would use) and the other is submissive. 

Quoting CocolateLady:

Although I disagree with OP to a point, you should reasearch com/sub relationship 

Quoting TommyAbby:

Do you wear aprons? make sure your hair is done nicely and make up is perfect?? :P

Marriage is a partnership. Not Dom/Sub relationship. Your ideal def doesn't work for me.  We do what needs to be done as we both work. Not all of us can stay at home and afford to live. 

hippiechik3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I use the time I have at home to build an outside career. I know one day my nest will be empty and I have planned for it. Money isnt mine or his its ours, for us. Being a mother to your children, in my opion, is more important. They are only little once, they grow up an then you have the rest of your life to your self.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting hippiechik3:

I agree. I think a mothers place is with her children an a wifes place is to support her DH. However not everyone is able to be a full time wife an mother.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Not really. He earned it. It's his bank account. It's his money, you just spend it. It is what it is, I'm not busting anyone's balls for it, but it is his money that he earned.

I love my job, I have a great career and make great money that I use in part to buy myself and my daughter great things. I like it that way. I love my husband, but financially I don't need him. Took many SAHM's get caught in the no education, no job, no where to go trap when life turns rough. Not me, if something happened to my husband I am covered.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

so it's OUR money

Quoting hippiechik3:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM

i've known what a sub/dom relationship is....

i've been into it since i've been able to date 

so again, we aren't in a dom/sub as of right now. 

my job is to be at home with my daughter. and his is to make money for us to live.

Quoting TommyAbby:

Actually.. she agrees with the sub/dom thing once I explained it a bit further (for those who need to do research)

Quoting ibelieveinpink:

Just because she carries a traditional housewife role does not mean she is submissive.

Quoting TommyAbby:

I used to sell sex toys.Actually hung up my handcuffs this year and "retired" my California Exotics Sexpert title. :)   I know all about sub/dom...it doesn't always apply to sex only. Somone in the relationship is the dominant (aka: head of household. I do believe that is the term you yourself would use) and the other is submissive. 

Quoting CocolateLady:

Although I disagree with OP to a point, you should reasearch com/sub relationship 

Quoting TommyAbby:

Do you wear aprons? make sure your hair is done nicely and make up is perfect?? :P

Marriage is a partnership. Not Dom/Sub relationship. Your ideal def doesn't work for me.  We do what needs to be done as we both work. Not all of us can stay at home and afford to live. 

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM

no, it's OUR bank account, both of our names are on it......so it's OUR money....

and if i thought like that, then  it would be MY phone bill since it's in my name...WRONG. 

like i said, thats what is wrong with marriage, everyone is so selfish. 

and if something happens to my husband i have enough experience  to go get a job to take care of our  family.

i am also getting my education. 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Not really. He earned it. It's his bank account. It's his money, you just spend it. It is what it is, I'm not busting anyone's balls for it, but it is his money that he earned.

I love my job, I have a great career and make great money that I use in part to buy myself and my daughter great things. I like it that way. I love my husband, but financially I don't need him. Took many SAHM's get caught in the no education, no job, no where to go trap when life turns rough. Not me, if something happened to my husband I am covered.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

so it's OUR money

Quoting hippiechik3:

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM

So you are lying in the red highlighted areas?? 

Quoting StrawberryCool:

i've known what a sub/dom relationship is....

i've been into it since i've been able to date 

so again, we aren't in a dom/sub as of right now. 

my job is to be at home with my daughter. and his is to make money for us to live.

Quoting TommyAbby:

Quoting ibelieveinpink:

Quoting TommyAbby:

Quoting CocolateLady:

Quoting TommyAbby:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Good luck with your "believes".

I see you are actively looking for a work from home job. So, this really is all just a drama post then.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

no, it's OUR bank account, both of our names are on it......so it's OUR money....

and if i thought like that, then  it would be MY phone bill since it's in my name...WRONG. 

and if something happens to my husband i have enough experience  to go get a job to take care of our  family.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

so it's OUR money

Quoting hippiechik3:

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM
There is NOTHING wrong with making money.

As long as you can do it from home.

Ill be able to make money from home and still be able to cook, clean, and take care of our daughter.

Unlike you where youll come home from work and say "lets order pizza Im too tired to cook"

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Good luck with your "believes".

I see you are actively looking for a work from home job. So, this really is all just a drama post then.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

so it's OUR money

Quoting hippiechik3:

kaitybird
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM

If that is what works for you then KUDO'S to you.  We choose to eat as a family!  My husband would NEVER require that I fix him a plate, bring it to him or warm it for him!  :)  Then again we have a great relationship.  

Everyone does what works.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)