Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Not sure what to do...hope you girls can help!!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so I have been with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years, we just had a baby in August. Anyways, he seems to think it's ok to treat me like Cinderella! We are currently living at his dads house, and I don't work...well let me rephrase that...I'm a stay at home mom but he expects me to do EVERYTHING around the house! And this includes cleaning up after his dad. I have been going thru a divorce, after almost 4 years of seperation, and losing custody of my oldest daughter. (That will be another post for another day) He seems to think it's ok to yell and scream at me for no reason. He also kicks me out every other day, tells me he can't stand me, he told me that he never wanted our daughter, and so on...but I guess my question for you all is what the hell should I do?! I love him with all my heart but I can't take much more of his shit! I just feel like he is "abusing" me in a way but I'm not sure...can you help?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelissaMaye
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
In my opinion, you should leave. You deserve to be treated better. ANYTHING is better than an abusive, toxic relationship. There are places to go that will help you if you need it. Just get out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KyrinM
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Get out now.  Before your daughter is old enough to understand him when he says he doesn't want her & rips her little heart out.  Tell him fine, you don't want us, we're gone, you will still be liable for CS, but we're done!  I would be so gone mama.

KeimUNCmomof3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM

LEAVE.  Do you have family you can stay with until you can get on your feet?  Stay away from him and his dad.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:53 AM
4 moms liked this

you love him with all of your heart even after how you described him???  Yeah, RUN and run fast!  How are you going to teach your daughter that NO MAN should treat you that way??  I would also suggest you re-think your taste in men and who you lay down with.

Dayna29
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM

He is abusing you. Its mental abuse! Get out and leave him. He should not treat you like that at all. Fight for custody because he had admitted that he doesn't want her. Have everything logged date and what was done. Even times if you can. If he does this in front of people, ask them to write a letter or vouch for you in court when you go for custody. Sorry but how can you love someone that treats you like Sh*t? When dd gets older he is going to do the same thing to her and she does not deserve that kind of life and shouldn't see him doing that to you. Would you want her in that kind of relationship when she gets older? Show her that its not okay a man can treat you like that.

Ksmomy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
RUN!!! LEAVE!!! If not for you then for her. She should never know what he's said. She deserves more than an ass for a father!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM
5 moms liked this

He IS abusing you. No, he may not actually be touching you or your daughter, but he is verbally abusing you with all the hurtful words, and emotionally abusing you with the hurtful actions.

He seems to have his mind made up about you, I think it's time you give him what he wants and get out of there. You don't want your daughter to grow up thinking this is what love looks like, or worse, allowing guys to treat her the same way. You have to think about both of you right now. This isn't a safe environment. I know that leaving is the hardest thing to do. As SAHMs, we tend to think we're trapped because we don't have our own income and therefore can't live anywhere but with our SO. First of all, if you don't have friends or family who will take you in while you get your feet on the ground, there are mother & child facilities who will. And many of them even offer help in the job hunting process.

You CAN do it and help IS available. Do what is best for you and your child and get away from this man before he does any more/worse damage.

Good luck. (((HUGS)))

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Um you are being abused and I'm worried about you. This is your 2nd seemingly disasterous relationship in a row. Why did you have a child with this guy so quickly? You need to get out of there and save both yourself and your daughter from what appears to be an unstable man. You also need to go into therapy so you don't run to the next guy who gives you a kind word and put yourself in a horrid situation again.

clmr33
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Get out before it is too late.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Leave. Pretty easy. If he truly loved you, he wouldn't treat you like that at all. That's not love. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN