Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car Accidents?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
  • 29 Replies

drivingscreamingToday November 20th is

World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims

Road traffic crashes kill nearly 1.3 million people every year and injure or disable as many as 50 million more. They are the leading cause of death among young people aged 15–29 years.

In October 2005, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution which calls for governments to mark the third Sunday in November each year as World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. The day was created as a means to give recognition to victims of road traffic crashes and the plight of their relatives who must cope with the emotional and practical consequences of these tragic events.

WHO and the UN Road Safety Collaboration encourage governments and nongovernmental organizations around the world to commemorate this day as a means of drawing the public’s attention to road traffic crashes, their consequences and costs, and the measures which can be taken to prevent them

taken from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/events/annual/road_victims/en/index.html

Have you ever been in a traffic accident?

Have you ever lost a loved one to a traffic accident?

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CallxMexMama
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Yes. Just today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Quoting CallxMexMama:

Yes. Just today.

im sorry hugs  ohhh noo is every one ok?

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Mesh2
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM

My uncle was killed by a driver who was drunk and high while.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I had one when I was 18.......my head was ejected through the windshield and the engine crushed my knees. Recovery was horrible, I now have horrid migraines and arthritis in my knees
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSince2005
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

there's a day for everything isn't there

PinkCamoTeamMud
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Last turkey day I was ran off the rd, slammed into some trees. Totalled our car but me and the kids were ok. Dd fractured her wrist from hitting the window so hard. Worse thing was the driver kept goin and never stopped.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Yes, I've been in several. The worst one, people were suprised to see me walking, it was pretty bad. Not counting being rear ended (someone not paying attention at the light, no damage), I've been in 3 accidents. 

mom_of_one_boy
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I have been in a few. 1st one was when ds was 1 month old and some lady tboned us(i never felt like beating someone so bad lol) and last january i hit someone on icy conditions because he didnt look before turning in front of me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CallxMexMama
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:54 PM
No. He passed away.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting CallxMexMama:

Yes. Just today.

im sorry hugs  ohhh noo is every one ok?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I've lost someone I love with hit and run.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)