Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I had surgery last night... UPDATE

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
I had my gallbladder removed last night and I was released to go home about 2 hours later. I am in pain and taking pain meds, and I have also been able to keep down a little bit of food. BUT!!!! The best part is.... my husband has been AMAZING towards me and taking care of me. He's not a very lovey-dovey person, so the small things that he is doing for me is more than I could ask for. To top it off, our 5 year old is doing such an AMAZING job as well. He loves taking care of Mommy. He is so gentle and caring. Both my "boys" are being so great towards me. I've got the best recovery team ever! :)

I was in the ER yesterday afternoon because I was still in such pain and the pain medication was not working at all for me. Turns out... I was nearing a kidney infection! Awesome right? LOL I had my brother take me and DH stayed with DS doing laundry. DH did all of our laundry AND my brothers laundry and folded everything!!! He is amazing!! I can't believe how lucky I am. And to top it off, the little speech he made about what he was greatful for over dinner, in front of my side of the family, was so touching. Even with my surgery and all the pain that I am still currently in, I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving. My husband is absolutely the best man anyone could ask for. I feel so honored and lucky to have him in my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
noahsmom310
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM
That's awesome! Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Wow. That's awesome. *kicks my jealousy out of the way* good for you,OP. IIt's good to be loved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dinc
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I am so glad you are getting love and help.  They sound like amazing "boys".  Be good to yourself and take it easy.  I hope your recovery is quick and hitch free.

Huera620
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
it definitely is good to be loved. But it feels all that much better because, a few months ago, DH and I were on the brink of divorce because he was unhappy. We've been working through stuff and it's just really nice to feel cared for. Don't have jealousy! I'm sure you have felt love. If not, I hope one day you will :)

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Wow. That's awesome. *kicks my jealousy out of the way* good for you,OP. IIt's good to be loved.
Huera620
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Thank you! Yes, they are amazing. DS who is 5, wants to be a surgeon (prior to my surgery) and all day yesterday kept asking if "I was so excited for my surgery" haha. Thank goodness he doesn't know what it's like to be the patient.

Quoting dinc:

I am so glad you are getting love and help.  They sound like amazing "boys".  Be good to yourself and take it easy.  I hope your recovery is quick and hitch free.

dinc
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

He sounds precious.  I hope his dreams come true. 

Quoting Huera620:

Thank you! Yes, they are amazing. DS who is 5, wants to be a surgeon (prior to my surgery) and all day yesterday kept asking if "I was so excited for my surgery" haha. Thank goodness he doesn't know what it's like to be the patient.

Quoting dinc:

chloesmommy777
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM

That's a testament of true love! *speedy recovery!*

livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM
That's great! I wish you a quick recovery.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Glad the surgery went well and here's to a speedy recovery! And congrats on your family being so supportive!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I hope you recover quickly.  They let you go home after 2 hours??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN