Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to the remarried

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 23 Replies
When did you realize it wasn't working and you would be better off divorced?

And how long had you been married?

I've noticed quite a bit of CM users say they are remarried. So I ask these questions out of curiosity
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:41 PM

He was abusive so gradually happened..been married a little over a year. I am not remarried yet. Been divorced six years and my bf and I have been together three years and plan to be married in the future.

ladyluke2007
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I was married for 13 years but I was on;y with him for 10 1/2 ears..He took off and told everyone he wasn't married and had no kids.  Funny he had 6 kids.  I waited a year and divorced him and it was finalaized a year later.  Remarried a great guy in 2001.  Been happily married everysince.

ZsMommy
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM

1/2 year into the "marriage" (let me clarify the quotations-BAD LEGAL AGREEMENT-Two idiot kids eloping after HS overseas (he was in the Army...no gown..no church...no sacred vows...Just a trip to the Radhaus (Mayo's office) in Denmark)

We dated for 2 years prior (High School)

First time he hit me-It was over IMO-took almost 4 years together and 2 years separated til the psycho freak finally "agreed" to a divorce...

I re-married (ACTUALLY married-the right way) after 9 years of being on my own and have been maried 13 years now

ara-myangel
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry to hear he was abusive :(

But Congrats on your new relationship and for being strong enough to know what was right for you!

Quoting raegan1221:

He was abusive so gradually happened..been married a little over a year. I am not remarried yet. Been divorced six years and my bf and I have been together three years and plan to be married in the future.

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I am not remarried but I am with someone AnD Im divorced.
I never wanted to go into a marriage just to ens up getting divorced but my ex was abusive and it was for a year. We were married a year .together for 2 1/2. It got abusive once we married .

I am happy now though. And ive made it through
ara-myangel
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Some of us think we're in love at a young age. So your eloping is understandable.
Congrats on your new marriage! Here's to 14 years! :)

Quoting ZsMommy:

1/2 year into the "marriage" (let me clarify the quotations-BAD LEGAL AGREEMENT-Two idiot kids eloping after HS overseas (he was in the Army...no gown..no church...no sacred vows...Just a trip to the Radhaus (Mayo's office) in Denmark)

We dated for 2 years prior (High School)

First time he hit me-It was over IMO-took almost 4 years together and 2 years separated til the psycho freak finally "agreed" to a divorce...

I re-married (ACTUALLY married-the right way) after 9 years of being on my own and have been maried 13 years now

ara-myangel
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM
So he changed once the marriage was official?

Quoting biancalina20:

I never wanted to go into a marriage just to ens up getting divorced but my ex was abusive and it was for a year. We were married a year .together for 2 1/2. It got abusive once we married .

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:53 PM
He always had attitudes but he layed his hands on me afterwards. It got bad. I posted on here but ended up deleting those posts.. I know many were afraid for my life.

Quoting ara-myangel:

Quoting biancalina20:

ara-myangel
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Some men are pigs. It's not cool how he denied you and kids.
But glad to know you are in a happy, healthy marriage!

Quoting ladyluke2007:

I was married for 13 years but I was on;y with him for 10 1/2 ears..He took off and told everyone he wasn't married and had no kids.  Funny he had 6 kids.  I waited a year and divorced him and it was finalaized a year later.  Remarried a great guy in 2001.  Been happily married everysince.

ara-myangel
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I am sorry to hear you went through that type of abuse. But you were strong enough to survive and find yourself a man who treats you right.

Quoting biancalina20:

He always had attitudes but he layed his hands on me afterwards. It got bad. I posted on here but ended up deleting those posts.. I know many were afraid for my life.

Quoting ara-myangel:

Quoting biancalina20:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)