Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In laws

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM
  • 4 Replies
When is,the best time for our parents to meet eachother?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
liveforever
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Are you having an engagement party? Usually the point of those is for family to meet. If not Id say anytime. Go out to dinner together...or have them over your house for dinner.

My dh and I had a baby young...I was 20 he was 21. We hadnt been dating too long either. The first time our parents met was at the hospital lol. Everything was fine and everyone gets along...but still not the most ideal situation.

Mesh2
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Does them meeting each other require majoy travel, or do they live close by? Are you looking for how far into your relationship you should meet or what the meeting should look like? Are you married or dating?

I think that if they live close by, any time is a good time for everyone to go out to dinner together. It leaves an easy out when the meal is over! 

If they are going to need to travel, plan it around some sort of specific event or activity. That will make it less awkward standing around trying to figure out how to relate to each other. 

nicole2884
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:52 AM

lets see my mom met his mom when they both went to my dress fitting, then we had a get together just the parents a month or two before an the rehearsal dinner , that about it

bredenz1993
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Weve been together 3 months, hes practically moved with me but ive known him since 3rd grade, I just dont want to wait til we r engaged for everyone to get along. Plus his parents live an hr from mine and they dont drive and my parents are seperated my mom dont drive but my dad and step mom do.. I just dont know how to throw everything together ao that it works
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)