Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you consider this cheating?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 77 Replies

I have a cousin who found her husband on dating sites looking for other women and was sending them messages, she asked me what I would do and I told her I would leave because if you don't feel secure as it is in your marriage, it's not healthy and plus I think what he did was wrong considering she does ALOT for her "mama boy" husband. I told my DH what happened and he said that, that is not cheating, it's wrong but not considered cheating. I think it's cheating, what do you think? Did I give her the wrong advice?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motha2daDuchess
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:56 AM
2 moms liked this

men have a tendancy to not believe in "emotional" affairs. my dh says if no contact, it isnt cheating. I say it is....

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
oh yes imo it diffently is cheating, i know without a doubt that dh feels the same way too. But if it were me I'd stay and try to work it out first and get back what was lost. But only she knows what she can and cannot handle. To each their own i guess... I would have told to follow her heart and do what she feels she should do... But that's just my take on it all... To each their own i guess...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GatorsWife4Life
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh would consider that cheating and I do as well. An emotional affair is just as bad if not worse than an affair that is just sex.

MommySwiggles
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Depends on the content of the message. If its sexual then yes it's cheating. If not, no it's not cheating but it is still extra inappropriate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Even if its not considered cheating what he is doing will lead to cheating.  I wouldn't want him he is clearly looking for another woman for what ever reason.  Dh and i both agree cheating is cheating emotional or physical their both wrong if its not done with your spouse.  

rockinmomto2
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:36 AM

I don't think that's cheating, but it does mean that he's not interested in his marriage any longer.

Angela4boys
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Maybe he's a troll, haha!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sadmomof3girls
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM

I  think it is

hax0rm0m
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM

yes. it's cheating. how does she really know he hasn't met any of them?

mizhoward
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Quoting GatorsWife4Life:

My dh would consider that cheating and I do as well. An emotional affair is just as bad if not worse than an affair that is just sex.

I agree with her. It could lead to other things, so shouldn't be done at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN