Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

does your husband or boyfriend help...

Posted by   + Show Post
I have 2 kids a 2 yr old and a 6 month old. My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 yrs, but living together for almost 1 yr. I guess they really do mean it when they say it all changes once you live together. I'm so exhausted from the kids, and I understand he works 9 hrs 5 days a week. But I'm a full time mom 24 hrs 7 days a week. And its hard to take care of both kids, the house, and my boyfriends needs. My house is always a disaster. I have a cleaning schedule, but I feel like I need to put everything into one day every day in the week. Because once I clean something it becomes dirty again within a day or two. There's always clothes lying around the house and dishes for me to do. I feel like I have a panic attack once every day. My son is an early riser and my daughter is a late sleeper and I've tried getting them to sleep at the same time but it doesn't work. So I get 3-4 hrs everyday, and on the weekends my boyfriend tries to let me take a nap,but he can never control the kids. We've also talked about him helping me around the house, but that only last a few days. I dont know how much more I can take before I have a giant meltdown. Do your husbands/boyfriend help you? How do you guys control what goes on in the house? What should I do...?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Replies (21-24):
nicole2884
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM

we dont have kids yet, so im sure its different

however he has always helped, we have our desinated jobs an then we flip flop on cleaning bathrooms, but he always does his share an i dont have to ask 70% of the time , an th other 30% is just me being pushy lol

he truly doesnt need a reminder most of the time

Ama2Gunner
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM

If this was my boyfriend/husband, they would quickly no longer have that title or be living with me.

Boyfriends/husbands should be partners. If they can't handle the responsibilities of that job, then they shouldn't have that job. Period. End of discussion.

There's no reason why he can't help out around the house - helping with the kids, making sure his laundry is picked up, switching the laundry, helping in the kitchen. Sure he works 9hrs a day, that's fantastic, good for him. However, he's trying to have a family, too. This means more responsibility. If he doesn't want to do his part, there's no reason he should be there for you to have to pick up after him, too.

And to answer your question, yes, my husband helps out with the kids and the house. Sometimes he does it on his own, sometimes I ask him to do something. If I has, he's immediately out of his seat getting it done. He knows what I do around here, and he values my place as his wife and keeper of his home.

GagaNTattooS
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Yup its all 50/50 and he cooks nightly does homework projects etc. If itsxa busy work week he cooks on his days off so all we have to do is reheat
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Luckily he does. You need to just simply tell him that you understand he works but you really need some help at home to. Being a mom and taking care of the house is really and endless job. Give him some chores that he can do. Tell your overwhelmed and to also funk of your well being.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN