Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What is one of the best gifts you remember getting as a child?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is one of the best gifts you rememeber getting as a child?
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:13 PM
A giant Adult Simba stuffed animal from the lion king! It was amazing!!
rnmom4lif
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM

my favorite all time gift was the year i got my pager. it is the only time i have literally flipped out when i opened my present. lol. ----incidentally i told my oldest son this story the other day (hes 10) and his response was......"whats a pager????" omg....am i really THAT old?!?!?! lol

MomToovey
by Marianne on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I always got great gifts (thanks to being an only child!!) and I remember most if not all of them. However, the one that sticks out most in my mind was my bike. I was 3 (almost 4) and my parents actually came in and woke ME up and I came out all sleepy eyed and there was my brand new, pink sparkly bike waiting for me, propped up against the tree!

KeiraRose
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:27 AM

My Mr. Lion lol. We had just moved back to Cali from New Mexico to stay with family while my parents filed for divorce. I was 6 and my brother 2 our dad took us out for pizza. Well there was this claw machine full of stuffed animals and my dad spent some time on that thing trying to win us each something. He finally did my brother got a stuffed bear in a baseball uniform and I got my best friend in the whole world. He's has on a vest and tie and looks very business like lol. I took him where ever I went. Mr. Lion helped me though out my childhood up into my teens, my dad still has him and sends me pictures of him whenever he takes a road trip for work. It's something we've done for years and will continue to do.

Fields456
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Many but my favorite one was my American girl doll for Christmas when I was 6 1/2. And dd is 6 1/2 and we are getting her one this year I can't wait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Most memorable was when my mom got me a Stece Urkel doll. Lol. I was obsessed with Family Matters. It had the string you pull to make it talk and everything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Quoting huntersmama711:

Most memorable was when my mom got me a Stece Urkel doll. Lol. I was obsessed with Family Matters. It had the string you pull to make it talk and everything.

Lol I remember those.
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I was heartbroken when a few months later my brother hung it off the deck and shot it with his BB gun a bunch of times. Lol.

Quoting 2lilmamas:

Quoting huntersmama711:

Lol I remember those.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babyblue415
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM

dancer platform heels. i still have them to this day and i still can fit into them.

TS9509
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM
The huge doll house my dad built for me when I was 5. It was a big as me! I kept it forever, then my sister played with it and my dad kept it on case I had a daughter for her to play with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN