Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What is one of the best gifts you remember getting as a child?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is one of the best gifts you rememeber getting as a child?
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
Matriarch87
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM

My horse.  Like most little girls I wanted a Pony.  When I was about 7 or 8, I came home to our house in the city after school and there was a beautiful apalousa pony staked in the middle of our yard.  You cant even imagine the excitement, I think I almost passed out.  My grandpa bought it for me, he said it was the deal of a lifetime that mostly the owner couldn't have her anymore so he bought her for $100.00...We worked out a deal with a farmer out of town that had a few horses that if he would let her live in the stable I would come out everyday after school and take care of her and his horses.  He agreed.  

annasmom1234
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM

This is going to really tell y'all how old I am, but the Christmas present I remember the most was from my grandparents when I was about 8 or 9.  I got a Marie Osmond "head" (from the neck up with hair and everything!).  You could fix her hair and put makeup on her, etc.  Now, it sounds creepy, but I just loved that thing!

zave22
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:24 PM

mc hammer doll, real barbie car

PartyGalAnne
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM

An ATARI when I was like 9.

bugsmama149
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM

My Strawberry Shortcake roller skates. I can still remember opening that box. I skated in those things till my feet wouldn't squeeze into them anymore. It's one of my favorite christmas gift memories.

Chaoz_Girl7311
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM
My first 4 wheeler!! I was 9
CameronsMommy23
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Skates and a cabbage patch doll.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ngelulu
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM
My teddy bear when I was in 3rd grade. It was given to me by the high schoolers who brought toys for kids who came from homes that were not so well off. I kept it since then and gave it to my first born child. I knew back then that I would take care of that bear for that reason.
.Funfetti.
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:11 AM

A bike, easy bake oven, and Barbie's pool house.

2lilmamas
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Quoting PartyGalAnne:

An ATARI when I was like 9.

Wow I had an Atari and I loved it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN