Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is one of the best gifts you remember getting as a child?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is one of the best gifts you rememeber getting as a child?
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
vtmommyof2bratz
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM

my daughter has wanted that doll for forever and we couldnt really afford it but this year they came out with a mini one that i bought her for her birthday 

Quoting AmaliaD:

My american girl doll - samantha.   i think it was the last year i believed in santa.    i wanted her so badly and my family seriously couldnt afford it.    i think gpa helped or something.   because i remember thinking - santa must be real if i got her!

vtmommyof2bratz
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

my casio keyboard

kjsaes
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Water baby!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My grandmother got me a nice coat, and the entire 'Little House' collection.  It was the best.

AlekD
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:29 AM
A big bag of my great grandmothers old vintage clothes (including hats and silk gloves) for dress up.
ccjennings
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:36 AM
I dont remember the name exactly but it was a doll that had two dresses one regular and one had a tummy that u put her baby inside it and it came with a toy ultrasound thing lol...

Oh and of course my easy bake oven
macs4
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:55 AM
One of my favorite presents was a fashion doll kind of like the AG dolls but I can't remember their name it was the late eighties and you could change there clothes they had their own themes. I loved them! I had several wish I could remember the name of them :( I believe the AG dolls came after that but I was too old for dolls then so my mom said no. So after this post I searched for them on the internet and finally found them Hot Look Dolls!!!!!! Im so excited I feel like i'm 8 again but they look really cheap now, so what I still love them lol !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I really have no idea. We always had amazing Christmases and pretty much got everythng we wanted. The thing that really stands out to me was when I was 23, so back in 1998. For my "big present" my parents paid off like 4 or 5 of my credit cards (I had run up a TON of debt and was really sinking fast). When I opened the box and saw the paid bills I just started crying. Dad turned off the video camera and nobody said a word for a few minutes.

I love my parents. <3

GodsAmiga
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM

My hamster Noel. :-) After we finished the gifts my brothers went out and came back in carrying a hamster in a cage while singing the song "Noel." :-)

CcCwgrl
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM
My first horse is the one I remember most
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN