Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I have the best DH ever!

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 24 Replies

I recently got food poisoning :(

I had a really awful night the first night and my DH stayed up laid by the door praying for me. He kept asking me if there was anything he could do, and when I did finally ask for some Gatorade - at 4am - he gladly went out and got it. He never left my side (figuratively).

I feel so lucky to have a man who cares for me so much, even when I'm disgusting!

Does your SO take care of you when you're sick?

Join me in these great groups:
February 2009 Preschoolers (Owner), First Time Moms (Owner),
Love & Marriage (Mod)

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah that's so nice! Mine takes care of me but I'm not the kind of woman who could appreciate that sort of caring. I'm more of the woman who needs my DH to tell me to stop being a baby and eat a damn sandwich which he gladly did when I had swine flu. Turned my whole world around. ;)

knagsmom
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM
In July of this yr I was throwing up for almost 3 weeks went to er on the 17th said its a virus you'll be fine. Continued 2 more days went back in because I could keep nothing down. Found out it was ulcers, in my thoart. Dh u stayed bymy side trying to fix me but nothing worked. Glad Ur dh is a great guy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I had a stomach virus once and I was trapped in the bathroom for no joke almost 2 hours. (Perhaps it was food poisoning) and he talked to me the whole time and brought me water.

Yesterday, he got the kids up and ready. I woke up to a clean house and breakfast in bed.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting knagsmom:

In July of this yr I was throwing up for almost 3 weeks went to er on the 17th said its a virus you'll be fine. Continued 2 more days went back in because I could keep nothing down. Found out it was ulcers, in my thoart. Dh u stayed bymy side trying to fix me but nothing worked. Glad Ur dh is a great guy

Wow! The same thing happened to me in July! I was sick for almost 4 weeks. They never figured out what was wrong with me.

knagsmom
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I had ulcers in my thoart however when they first noticed it they just said masses and cancer. Hope Ur better now

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting knagsmom:

Wow! The same thing happened to me in July! I was sick for almost 4 weeks. They never figured out what was wrong with me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:36 AM

That's the sweetest thing ever! My hubby and I got together because he took care of me when I had food poisoning even though it could've gotten him in big trouble.

2lilmamas
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Aww that's vey sweet of him. I hope your feeling better.
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:31 AM
He would but I just like to be left alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats a very sweet story and happy to see it amidst all the negative storoes on here!

Mine is the same way. Always there beside me when Im sick. Last month I completely accudentally OD'ed and took something that I didnt have all the facts on. I was REALLY sick at night and the next morning I started throwing up. He stayed home from work and took care of the 2 year old after putting the 6 year old on the bus. Later on he brought me to the doctor.
I was in bed basically until 6pm and he was right there doing everything for me---and the kids.

Thats how a husband should be. <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laylolilah
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:35 AM
No. He has never taken care of me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)