Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice please.

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 12 Replies

hii, my name is brandy. i am 28 weeks pregnant. i am living with my babys father, but we are not married. i was just wondering if any of you would let your partner go out to parties alone because you were too tired or in pain. i feel like i am trying to control his life by telling him no, but deep down it kills me that he would rather go out and party with his friends that'll always be there than try and comfort me. since becoming pregnant, i dont care too much for being around smoke or alcohol because it makes me sick. also i basically lost all my friends because im just not in the mood to party and stuf like i used to, so i feel completely alone. am i being too needy? please help me.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandeenicolee_
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

also this isnt the first time he goes out alone. hes lied to me about it before. and tonight he wasnt suppose to go either because he said he wouldnt go if i wasnt/didnt wanna go.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

There should be balance of going out and staying home. I would have a hard time sitting home with you. You sound very needy(sorry) Why do you need to be comforted? you are pregnant not sick or dieing.

Devious333
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I think him going out once in awhile is okay. What's he going to do when the baby is born? Leave you with all the responsibilities? You need to talk to him about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandeenicolee_
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

hes with his friends every single night, and doesnt come home until about 12 sometimes 3am. ive maybe seen him a total of 24hrs this whole week. he goes out more than when hes home and then lies about where he is going. and no i am not dying and i am not sick, but i am a high risk, my baby boy has his intestines on the outside of his body. him never being there or helping out isnt doing any good, especially since I'M the one whose been moving all our stuff, heavy and light, into our new place. also having scoliosis surgery doesnt help with the additional back pain that i have. hes on probabtion right now for having 3 DWIs and he drinks and drive every single time hes gone. more than once hes come home barely able to walk up the steps.

brandeenicolee_
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

and i agree, him going out once in a while is definitely okay, but every night is a bit much. its like he can care less about me or our son.

CameronsMommy23
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
There should be a balance between time together and time out. As long as he spends time with you too I'd be ok with it. Just talk to him. Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
From how you've described him WHY would you want to be with him?? He's not going going to change and it sounds like you need support around you. Best of luck for your baby. I'll be praying for him
brandeenicolee_
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

thank youu.

Anonymous2u
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Ur bf needs to grow up! Once in a while is cool but every night is ridiculous! Plus if he's lieing about where he is going then he is definitely hiding something for a reason! Ur high risk and he's allowing u to lift and move heavy things. Smh. Not cool! My dh didn't allow me to take out the trash when I was pregnant! U really need to tlk to him and see where his head is. This may be him showing u what the coming yrs are gna be like if u stay with him. Good luck
brandeenicolee_
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM

honestly, i love him i do and i know he loves me. i guess thats whats keeping me with him. we tried being apart and we always end up back together. thank you for the prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)