Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

disappointed

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
So my dh has been working 60+ hours. He does manual labor for the electrical company so it is back breaking. I understand he is tired but he was so cutesy after work today so we decided we were going to play some Just Dance 4 to try to get this baby to drop and he kept putting it off. Kept playing on his phone, watching t.v., whatever his man add distracted him with. Finally I say "aren't you gonna shower so I can kick your ass?" in a joking manner so he goes up to shower, comes back down and I say all excitedly "let's go play. You ready?" I got a half ass answer so I asked if he was tired amd he said kinda. I said we didn't have to play and he didn't even argue. I am disappointed. I was really looking forward to doing something other than sitting on the couch. I have been suggesting things like scrabble or cards...anything. I am a sahm so I don't have a whole lot of interaction or convesation with others. Plus I am due in two weeks so our whole world is about to shift again. The thing that also bugs me is that he has all.of this energy for ss. To wrestle, play, go do things...just be happy. I got such a shitty attitude when he got home from work yesterday but as soon as ss got dropped off the whole universe shifted and he was nice. I guess I just feel put on the back burner. I know he is tired but so am I. I cook, clean do laundry, shop, etc. I know it isn't what he does but I am also 9.5 months pregnant and have my ds4. Anyway, thanks for listening. Just needed to vent. Hormones aren't helping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ttm_mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Have you been honest with him and told him these things? I imagine that you have. Honestly, if you have and he still isn't responding then it's time to try a different appraoch because the one that you are taking isn't working. Be honest and upfront..no sugar coating. I understand that his job is back breaking but so is carrying a 6 + pound baby. I hope he gets it . good luck

november117
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:51 AM
We have talked about it, yes. Not recently though. I ended up going upstairs and painting my nails. He came up soon after and, as usual, goofed around on his phone. We ended up watching honey boo boo for two hours. I am not a happy camper at the moment amd will probably stay out of the way mosy of the day until I can figure out how to bring it up without losing my temper. I was up every hour to pee and when that wasn't wakimg me up his snoring was. :/ Thanks for listening.

Quoting ttm_mommy:

Have you been honest with him and told him these things? I imagine that you have. Honestly, if you have and he still isn't responding then it's time to try a different appraoch because the one that you are taking isn't working. Be honest and upfront..no sugar coating. I understand that his job is back breaking but so is carrying a 6 + pound baby. I hope he gets it . good luck

ProudMommy51006
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww hugs. I don't think there is any advice i can give, only comfort... i hope things feel better soon in your marriage.
november117
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Thanks. They aren't bad...just stressed I guess with all of dh's OT and me coming to the end of my pregnancy. I need something ya know? Help, a back rub, anything lol.

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Awww hugs. I don't think there is any advice i can give, only comfort... i hope things feel better soon in your marriage.

ProudMommy51006
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea, i hear ya! We all need attention, especially at the end of a pregnancy. And to vent sometimes.

Quoting november117:

Thanks. They aren't bad...just stressed I guess with all of dh's OT and me coming to the end of my pregnancy. I need something ya know? Help, a back rub, anything lol.

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN