Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

oi....

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
I havent posted in here in a long long time. Lots has happened since. Any ways. Been with SO for going on 2 years. Live together, very serious. He used to ask randomly ''are you gonna marry me one day?''. To which i replied ''when you ask right'' (ring which i explained at least once). He hasnt asked that in a while. Fine. But still brings up wedding and future. We are planning on building a house together. I told him last week that i wont wait forever. I love him, but i am tired of just dating. I think i needed to get that out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jmetz4
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I should also add that i have brought it up in other direct but gentler ways then that before. He just stared at me when i said that. Completely shocked then hugged me really close. Didnt say a thing.
queencreekmom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM

You could ask him! :)

jmetz4
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I thought of that :-). I did that with the first husband. I didnt really like asking. And i talked to SO about it early in our relationship and he likes the more traditional route :-)

Quoting queencreekmom:

Sunivondea
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Yep :)

Quoting queencreekmom:

queencreekmom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Good luck! :)

lynnd4
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Time to have a serious talk where you know 100% where you stand.
jmetz4
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM
We have. Not the right talk i guess though. We have talked about marriage. About how we want to get married, kids, we already work together on finances and everything. He and i basically parent together. Just support each other really. I dont know what else to talk about.

Quoting lynnd4:

Time to have a serious talk where you know 100% where you stand.
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Sorry this is not what you want to hear but I dont think he will marry you. He already has everything he wants and he has said he will one day so he is cunting on you waiting around forever until that "one day" that he knows will never come. 

This is why I dont believe in living together.  And certainly do not build a house together. 

jmetz4
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Thats why i told him im not waiting. I am waiting till after the holidays because this time of year is chaotic for me and i want my son to have a happy christmas. He loves him. SO loves him. But i have made it clear we need to talk again.

Quoting 98765:

Sorry this is not what you want to hear but I dont think he will marry you. He already has everything he wants and he has said he will one day so he is cunting on you waiting around forever until that "one day" that he knows will never come. 

This is why I dont believe in living together.  And certainly do not build a house together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)