Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Internet woes

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
  • 30 Replies

How does everyone deal with their social networking and their marriage or relationship. My husband and I already have a rule in place that we do not add exes as friends. However we do add friends of the opposite sex that have been pleutonic since childhood. We both have jealousy issues as far as this is concerned because he doesn't know my male friends and I do not know his female friends. We have explained to eachother who thse people are but there is still jealousy there on both of our parts because I don't really deal with his friends and he doesn't deal with mine and it would really seem kinda off the wall to merge them when we both don't really deal with them much besides liking some posts and whatnot. Does anyone else have any good ways you deal with that or any other social networking issues that you deal with in certain ways? Or maybe issues that you have trouble dealing with?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM
DH & I don't have FB. Here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snakesNsnails
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I have an old fb account that i dont use..ive never had friends of the opposite sex on it though. dh does not have a fb...we both agree that its only asking for trouble in our marriage. we both struggle with jealousy, also. i think that there have to be boundaries if married couple choose to be on social networking sites..Even with me being on cafemom and one other mom's group, i am hardly ever on when dh is home..in the evenings and on weekend...thats family time.

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM
No, it isn't an issue for us. Neither of us are very active on social network sites...with cm as the exception and he doesn't seem to care about cm. With fb most of our friends are the same because we went to hs together and know most of the same people. There are a few on his that I don't know and a few on mine that he doesn't know but I trust him enough that it doesn't worry me. As for exes....he has one on his fb. I don't care. I know she isn't competition, he would never consider getting back with her because she is an abusive post. I don't have any of my exes on my fb. We aren't friends irl. I wouldn't friend them and I doubt they would be brave enough to try and friend me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Well, we don't have any exes to add so that cuts that part out. :-) I have some male friends on facebook and he has some girls. His are almost all family members with a couple co-workers that we both know. He had an emotional affair with someone for the first 4 years of our marriage so he's careful about that stuff and doesn't mind me asking if I see someone I don't recognize. It's been over a year now so I'm beginning to really trust him again but I still have my days. He doesn't care who my friends are on facebook. I've never given him reason to doubt me. :-) I only add guys that I actually know and are friends with. There are girls I've added that I've met via military/air force sites but I will never add a guy I've never met and when I'm friends with a guy they're usually like a brother to me. There are a couple that I'm only sort of friends with that I knew from high school and who are there at get-togethers with friends since we're friends with a lot of the same people but I rarely talk to them except to say happy birthday or something. Lol! I guess we don't really have any issues anymore. :-)

midjet117
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:48 AM
It's only really an issue if it's an ex here. My husband and i came to an agreement to take friends who are not family members who are the opposite sex off our Facebook's.
Jos40
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this
All I can say is that I really don't have that kind of trouble with social networking sites. Mostly All his friends are mine. He just has a few extra guys from work. My trouble is with the text messaging and dirty emails from his buddies. FUCK THE INTERNET AND TECHNOLOGY!!! Life was definitely less complicated before it!!!
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I've got friends on my FB from my days of playing World of Warcraft. They're all dudes. One of them I was "in love" with. Pretty much he would go out and die with me without complaining like my husband does. :P We don't spend a whole lot of time on it and if he ever wanted to see my FB I'd let him and vice versa.

How I deal with social networking is like this: trust. I trust him. I wouldn't stay married to him if I couldn't trust him. Ya'll have some issues. You going to be those people who have a Mr. and Mrs. Insecure facebook account and when you reply to friends comments you have to put a -(your initial) so people know it's you and not your spouse?

SuperMom2433
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Hubby and I have opposite sexes as friends and even a few exes but it doesn't matter. We don't have any jealousy issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
We have one rule in our marriage.

If one of us is doing something that makes the other uncomfortable then we don't do it.
CandyRayne
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM
For those of you that add exes, why are you keeping them around? That seems like added mess in your life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)