Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How does everyone deal with their social networking and their marriage or relationship. My husband and I already have a rule in place that we do not add exes as friends. However we do add friends of the opposite sex that have been pleutonic since childhood. We both have jealousy issues as far as this is concerned because he doesn't know my male friends and I do not know his female friends. We have explained to eachother who thse people are but there is still jealousy there on both of our parts because I don't really deal with his friends and he doesn't deal with mine and it would really seem kinda off the wall to merge them when we both don't really deal with them much besides liking some posts and whatnot. Does anyone else have any good ways you deal with that or any other social networking issues that you deal with in certain ways? Or maybe issues that you have trouble dealing with?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
Metteba
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

We do not have each other on Yahoo; Facebook; Twitter or any thing else. I have male friends that he doesn't know about and he has female friends I dont know about.  My argument to him is 'I knew these people before you ever came along' - he claims that he doesn't FB anymore...I really couldn't care less...I have always FB'd and I always will.  I don't feel a need to explain myself to him, when he won't do the same.  I think he spied on my because he says stuff only I would know on FB and he is NOT my friend on there...or something!! LOL. 

trishtay
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My now xh friended my cousin on FB and then he moved out (we had just gotten back together) anyway come to find out she was flying from out of state to see him at his mothers house. Good riddens to them both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieMommy1987
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Hubby deleted his facebook due to these issues also...we now share an account as I told him he can go on mine and look at anything he wants to any time...I have no exs and nothing to hide any guys on my friends list I either went to school with or is family...so it seems to work better this way...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

We have no social networking issues. We only use FB to keep in touch with family and friends. He rarely uses his account, lol

Ealane2011
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

DH and I have a joint FB account. It eases the worry for both of us.

LaughingTattoo
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I keep my exs as "friends" bc were still friends.

My dh and I both deal with our jealousy with dignity and like adults

Quoting CandyRayne:

For those of you that add exes, why are you keeping them around? That seems like added mess in your life.

MrsRi
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM

My husband has FB, I do not.  He uses it to talk with his son.  I don't care who is on there and who he adds.  I don't really pay attention to it, there's been a couple times he's asked me to pull a phone number or something out of a message.  I have the passwords.

We don't have any other social things other than our reddit account.  I have THIS account, but I delete my CM account so much it's not something he worries with.

I've never put a lot of thought into social media, I don't care.  We belong to a crew so he constantly has to give out his number to men and women.  It would be unprofessional if he had to tell the female contacts 'hey.. I can't add you or even give you my information, so here's my wife's contact information'.  

I don't have any reason not to trust him, therefore I have no reason to care about what he does online.  

ashleigh24
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Same here. I trust him and he trust me. I couldn't be with him without trust :(

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Hubby and I have opposite sexes as friends and even a few exes but it doesn't matter. We don't have any jealousy issues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
When you find "The Interview" online...
Thursday at 9:25 PM
by Slightly Perfect on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

DH is friends with several exes and/or female friends. I have a lot of male friends. I don't communicate with any exes, no matter how often they contact me.

But I would, if I were you, look further into the jealousy issues you both have. That sounds like a self-esteem issue, and if you guys choose to avoid it (like just accommodating it with not adding exes), it'll start manifesting itself in other ways.

slightlyperfect

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I don't have that problem

EdwardandBella_Linda.png

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN