Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How does everyone deal with their social networking and their marriage or relationship. My husband and I already have a rule in place that we do not add exes as friends. However we do add friends of the opposite sex that have been pleutonic since childhood. We both have jealousy issues as far as this is concerned because he doesn't know my male friends and I do not know his female friends. We have explained to eachother who thse people are but there is still jealousy there on both of our parts because I don't really deal with his friends and he doesn't deal with mine and it would really seem kinda off the wall to merge them when we both don't really deal with them much besides liking some posts and whatnot. Does anyone else have any good ways you deal with that or any other social networking issues that you deal with in certain ways? Or maybe issues that you have trouble dealing with?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

If jealousy is an issue why not do one account that both of you use?  If neither one doesn't have anything to hide then that should be easy to do.

We both have our own accounts myspace (neither use them anymore) facebook, hotornot and email accounts. All of our passwords are automatically saved on the computers so it's common for me to go to a site to log in and he is still logged in or vice versa. We both have exes on our accounts. One of his exes has actually become one of my best friends and he is best friends with her husband.  

When you have a jealousy issue alot of times the root cause of it is something you can work on. Identify the problem and work on it.

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:53 PM
We both have fb... I use mine daily lol and he dowsnt use his like...ever...
We dont have any iasues with it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
disnchntdwife
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
This is assuming that the ex is a threat. Many people have an ex & a current SO that get along just fine. I think it all comes down to trusting your partner. If you have to " filter " whom they can interact with, there is no trust.

Quoting CandyRayne:

For those of you that add exes, why are you keeping them around? That seems like added mess in your life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
We work through our jealousy instead of avoiding it. Honestly, avoiding problems has never done anyone any good. With a healthy, stable relationship between 2 adults jealousy shouldn't exist. Its not in any way healthy.
I have facebook, he has a few specialty forums and a few social groups. Neither of us have restrictions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PartyGalAnne
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:12 PM

He's in a band, so he has female fans, and I'm a sex toy lady so I have male clients.

We trust each other so it's not a problem. Our only rule is that we do not "chat".

MomToovey
by Marianne on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It hasn't been an issue for us, but the only thing I kept thinking the whole time I was reading your post was that if both of you have issues with each other friending members of the opposite sex, and neither of you really spend any time with these friends outside a "like" or two, why not just not have friends of the opposite sex on facebook?

pittymama
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

no social networking here (aside from me with cafemom and his car websites) 

MMerrill
by Melissa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

My husband and I both have Facebook, I have his password and he has mine.  We both only have close friends and family on there so anyone that we add we both usually know.  We also don't add ex's.  It's pretty simple and it works for us....but we don't have jealousy issues at all but we do it this way out of respect for eachother.

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

CandyRayne
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM
To answer mom toovey I like to keep up with some people that I was raised with that are closer than some family to me and he has the same. It feels kind of crazy to get jealous but we do. O never think he would cheat on me.
sayre
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM
We each have the others passwords and can log in at anytime. Same with our iPhones. I trust him and he i.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)