Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why do so many women hate their MILs

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 134 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay I am not married or anything but I LOVE my BFs mother and she loves me. When I get married to him I am sure I will love her just the same.  Why do so many women hate their MILs? What could they do that is soo wrong?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Butterfly1108
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Because not all of them are lucky like you and I.

happy

lynnd4
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Mine is great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamaof2_loves
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I love mine! She is a sweetheart and funny too! Ive seen her 3 times in the little over 9 yrs we've been together, but we are very close and talk and all the time!

AliKatCam
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I know. I just wonder what someone could do to make you hate them. Especially if you are marrying their child.

Quoting Butterfly1108:

happy

Butterfly1108
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quoting AliKatCam:

I know. I just wonder what someone could do to make you hate them. Especially if you are marrying their child.

Quoting Butterfly1108:

happy

My guess will have to be if she were a meddling MIL and constantly complaining on how you and her son live and just plain ugly...
Just a very negative person that would drive me crazy I'd have to get away from her. I thank you lord mine is no where near there, just don't rub her the wrong way she will let you have it...lol

AliKatCam
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Even if she were meddling I couldn't hate her. I may not like her but hate is such a strong thing to say. Especially about someone who gave birth to someone I love so much.

Quoting Butterfly1108:

Quoting AliKatCam:

Quoting Butterfly1108:

happy

My guess will have to be if she were a meddling MIL and constantly complaining on how you and her son live and just plain ugly...
Just a very negative person that would drive me crazy I'd have to get away from her. I thank you lord mine is no where near there, just don't rub her the wrong way she will let you have it...lol

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Ditto!I have a great MIL but I've seen some that behave horridly!

Quoting Butterfly1108:

happy

pittymama
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I don't. DH dislikes his family and I LOVE them. Any time he talks to his mom he half way listens to her and always tries to get off the phone LOL so she usually just calls me. He dislikes them for good reasons though. It's always just drama-related. One person says or does something that the other person doesn't like and it ends up with everyone having angst against eachother. 

MissBrooke214
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I have a vile Mother in Law. I have never had any other woman, or any person for that matter, say the hurtful things that she's said to myself or about my family. Some people are just not good or nice people. It's now gotten to the point where my Husband hasn't spoken to his Mom is about 16 months. We are due to have a baby on January 6th and they've yet to congratulate us. We've attempted to talk about things with her and she refuses to do anything but blame and say false/hurtful things. It hurts my heart for my Husband. 

smenjivar
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I don't HATE my MIL. I HATE the way she treats me and my children. She has not approved of me since day one because I'm not El Salvadorian nor do I speak Spanish. She treats me and my children like outcasts. We are not apart of the family and I'm not good enough for her son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)