Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why do so many women hate their MILs

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay I am not married or anything but I LOVE my BFs mother and she loves me. When I get married to him I am sure I will love her just the same.  Why do so many women hate their MILs? What could they do that is soo wrong?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Replies (131-134):
hkcason
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I got along w/ mine b4 I married her son. As soon as she realized she didn't have as much control over me as she thought her tune changed. Now she doesn't speak to us & has accused me of horrible things. I don't hate her, I pity her cuz she I'd missing out on 2 about to be 3 of her grandkids lives.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pixycstixs
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM

My MIL just doesnt want to let go of her son. She also seems to think that my kids are really hers. Other than that shes great! ;-)

Cemommster
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Tell my dh that I don't love him.
She speaks kindly to my face most of the time, but spews hate about me to others.
Yes, my MIL has mental issues, and I stay away. It's hard to take what she says and still know she's not all there. And we were CLOSE before Dh and I got married.
Cemommster
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Quoting hkcason:

I got along w/ mine b4 I married her son. As soon as she realized she didn't have as much control over me as she thought her tune changed. Now she doesn't speak to us & has accused me of horrible things. I don't hate her, I pity her cuz she I'd missing out on 2 about to be 3 of her grandkids lives.

Exactly. When my MIL raised my dh, she would leave him and take off for weeks. When we had our first child, dh vowed he would be a different parent. She sees that and gets offended that he chooses the kids and I before anything.
She's missing out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)