Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you buy your in law gifts for Christmas?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you buy gifts for your in laws? What did you get?
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM

nope

angelachristine
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM

yeah. we don't have a whole lot of money so I got her a set of 700 tc sheets for her bed and I'm thinking of getting her an entertainment book and a framed photo of the kids. I don't know her very well so I never know what to get her and dh is no help at all so if she doesn't like it at least I tried. lol

scarletlolita76
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Yep. She's addicted to Fredericks of Hollywood signature fragrance so I get her a small one for her purse on her birthday and a large one for home on Xmas... She couldn't be happier and I'm happy she's so easy to shop for lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Yup. They actually expect us to. Whatever. I always make calanders Of the kids for all grandparents andy brother and sister so they get one of those. Not that ive ever seen them hang it anywhere. And usually just gift cards to movies or stores tthey like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vtmommyof2bratz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

sure do i don't know what i am gonna get them yet - fil we always get him a gift card to abc fine wines and spirits - he loves it and last year i got my mil an applebees giftcard that we had the kids picture put on - this year i think a gift basket from our local maple company i live in vt and she lives in florida and she says she misses it :) and probly a gift card for them to go out to dinner somewhere 

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM

My in-laws live 3000 miles away and we only see them once every 4-5 years so I make them a yearly scrap book with all our family's activities, especially the kids activities. I also make them a DVD of any videos I take of the kids through the year. DH gets them a gift card to Trader Joe's since that is their favorite store to shop at. They send us one big family gift...this year it's a game table with air hockey, pool and ping pong.

Ksmomy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:53 AM
When they were alive we'd get FIL different candies. He loved any kind of candy and never shared! LoL we'd get MiL whatever she asked for. It was usually clothes of some sort. I wish they were still here. They never got to meet dd2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlbelknap35
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Im making and canning pumpkin butter and salsa this year to send families. If we get one side we have to do it for the other to keep things equal I think.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Yes and lots of times I make them something. 

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM

They aren't in laws yet but yes always have, always will. This year...his Mom is getting a clock radio or something..what she wants..his Dad is getting a new tool box for his truck (we're all going in together), and his Step Dad is getting something for his truck..I think a grill guard or something. (We're all going in together on that too).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)