Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What is the color scheme on your Christmas tree?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is the color scheme on your christmas tree?
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM
It did last year. :-) Because I use everything fresh we have to wait to put the tree up, we won't have a tree until tomorrow and then I will decorate Sunday after the fruit slices dry. I love it, it's inexpensive and easy and when the tree is ready to be taken down I just unstring the lights and send the whole thing to the curb as is, since its all natural and biodegradable.

Quoting TommyAbby:

Your house must smell amazing...

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I no longer have a theme, I cover my real tree in sliced citrus fruit and cinnamon swags. I only use white lights though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Butterfly1108
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Quoting AliKatCam:

It has no scheme. It was put together by a 7 year old and a 9 year old. It has gold and silver garlands, red and blue bows, all different color bells and ornaments. It is a mess but it is pretty.

Those are the prettiest trees ever

christmas tree

Traci_Momof2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM

No color scheme.  It's an assortment of ornaments, most of which have meaning for us.  Some are from my childhood.  Some from DH's childhood.  Some are gifts we've received thoughout the years.  Some are from each of our grandmothers' trees.  Some are ornaments I have made.  Some are ornaments the kids have made.  I think you get the point.

That's how our tree was when I was growing up too.  "Color scheme trees" was just something seen in the stores to me.

Fairegirl33
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM

we don't have a theme on our main tree.... we do have a tree in our garage (man cave) that has TB Rays ornaments and beer caps for ornaments though....

HisUsmcWifey
So thankful to be busy with work. I'm enjoying all these beautiful holiday photos!
Yesterday at 12:36 PM
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Gianna hasn't made anything for our tree as of yet..and yes I buy new ornaments each year but I buy right after Christmas when most places have 75% off and I get my stuff for a steal! I save all my stuff so that I can change up my theme whenever I want.

Quoting Katt709:

No theme. Do those of you that have themes get new ornaments and decorations every year? What about those things that are special- like what the kids make? Do you just not use those?

countrymomma81
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM

We did more natural colors this year. Tans, browns and deep reds. We put some pinecones on it and some candy canes made of straw with red berries on them. I got all of it from Wal Mart. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Red and Gold

View Full Size Image YVONNE

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

No theme. Too exhausting finding all new ornaments every year, I can't imagine doing that.

bakerytreatz16
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM
No theme. Just all our favorite ornaments
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meepsm0m2006
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM
We have a white tree, with different colored lights & red & gold decorations with a blonde angel wearing a black and silver dress on top .. its very pretty
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)