Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I really need to vent about my husband.

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM
  • 17 Replies
He's starting to get on my last nerve! So, a bit of a backstory. .
I stay at home with our kids. Once a week I take care of bills and payroll for hubby and his dads shop. His dad signs all checks. Well, his dad gave us Xmas bonuses. I got $500 and hubby got $1000. Now, I get paid VERY little ($30/wk) so Im not really able to contribute to our bills and such but when I can, I help. I usually just get an advance to help out. Anyhow, hubby makes $600/wk. Every week. Well, with my Xmas bonus I paid our electric and gas, as well as pit gas in hubbys car. I also got my half of our daughters Xmas gift. I still need to get hubbys and our sons Xmas. I let him know the elec and gas were taken care of and all that's left is the phone payment. He asked when that was due. Since he asked me a few weeks ago if I would make a payment arrangement on that bill I set it up to be paid by the 17th of this month. Well he has yet to make a payment so he is going to owe the full amt plus the current bill that will be due by the 21st. Our bill runs about 250/month. Now he's upset that he has to take care of the phone bill by himself. Well, if you would have made some small payments you wouldn't be in this mess. If I would have had the funds I would help out but seeing as I dont and took care of what I could Im pretty much low on funds and need what I have left for Xmas.
Am I wrong for feeling so frustrated? I feel like Im not wrong because I dont get paid much at all and he gets paid every week plus this nice Xmas bonus he got.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My husband frustrates me too when it comes to the bills. He just has to deal with it bills have to be paid. If it isn't paid on time then there are consequences.

Just tell him to woman up and pay the bill.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM
He makes enough to pay all bills and then some but "enjoys having $100-200"for himself each week so he makes payment arrangements. Well, he's got MORE than enough to take care of the phone billS, not just one. Why not take care of them both now?? Ohhh because he wants to keep every cent for himself. Smh. I didn't want to spend part of my bonus (which is the most money I have seen in my name in a LONG time!) on bills, but oh well. It has to be done, ya know?

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

My husband frustrates me too when it comes to the bills. He just has to deal with it bills have to be paid. If it isn't paid on time then there are consequences.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That's ridiculous.  If he has extra money after paying the bills then great, but you pay the bills first then worry about fun money.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

He makes enough to pay all bills and then some but "enjoys having $100-200"for himself each week so he makes payment arrangements. Well, he's got MORE than enough to take care of the phone billS, not just one. Why not take care of them both now?? Ohhh because he wants to keep every cent for himself. Smh. I didn't want to spend part of my bonus (which is the most money I have seen in my name in a LONG time!) on bills, but oh well. It has to be done, ya know?

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

pittymama
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:26 PM

my DH is the same way with bills. if i wasn't 100% on top of things, we would be screwed! it frustrated me the first year or so and then i finally just put my big girl pants on and started being the "accountant" in our relationship. neither of us get fun money until EVERY bill due is paid. i know what he buys for himself, vise versa. when one of us goes shopping, the other knows what we're getting and what we're planning on spending. we don't seperate anything and that's the only way it works for us! 

CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Bills have to come before playtime. He really needs to be an adult and fix his priorities.

He also needs to realize that what you have one day you may not have the next.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

SuperMom2433
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Yup. He just pays portions of the bills and sets up payment arrangement. He pays it by the arrangement but bitches about it. Sorry bud, this is what we mutually agreed on when we decided for me to be a SAHM.

Quoting catrig:

That's ridiculous.  If he has extra money after paying the bills then great, but you pay the bills first then worry about fun money.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM
This is something we have talked about until I feel like Im going to explode! When I was working we didn't have these issues. Now that he's the main financial provider now he's gotten bad!

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Bills have to come before playtime. He really needs to be an adult and fix his priorities.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM

that is a hard situation for sure.. but yes he needs to put that aside and make sure.. you let him know when and all that what else can you do ?

grrr i see why your upset.   just try to find another way to get him to put $$ away, does he do a direct deposit ?  maybe have a certain amount go directly into a different account that isn't easily available ?

CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Then this what I have done in the past to prove a point. I paid my phone bill and not his. He was pissed but he got the point. Now I handle all the bills.

Trust me we have lost it all because shit happens but we are back on top. My husband has never forgotten how bad it was.

He spoils me and I spoil him but the bills are always paid first, then money for savings, and then playtime.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

This is something we have talked about until I feel like Im going to explode! When I was working we didn't have these issues. Now that he's the main financial provider now he's gotten bad!

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Mommydukk
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM
You have every right to be frustrated. You did what you could with what you had. He should not complain since he gets a weekly check and a nice bonus. Bonuses are never for us they are always for birthday, Christmas or bills. I am kinda in teh same boat. Hubby seems to always have new shoes, T shirts or hats. When I am in need of shoes, bras or something I want/need we have no money. When you ask him about it he says "I have had those". Yeah OK... Do I look that stupid? I work a full time job and it all goes into one account.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN