Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your so???

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
Someone tell me if this sounds strange! I got told how I met my husband was weird.

In 1995-2001I was part of an orchestra that traveled all over the world performing concert.

We were in Hawaii in 1995 for 3 concerts and we had 1 day off to do whatever we wanted to do. I chose to go to the Arizona memorial and Pearl Harbor with 3 friends. We stopped at a large shopping mall to buy trinkets, and they ditched me there. I freaked out and being only 15 years old didn't know what to do. As I was looking for a mall security, this taller skinny gentleman came up to me and asked if I was ok. I was crying, etc. I didn't talk to him at first, he showed me his military ID and said he would take me to the security office. No one was at the office and I tried several times to call people from te orchestra and couldn't get ahold of anyone. The marine then asked if I wanted a ride back to where we were staying. We get in his car(a white 1991 ford mustang) and headed off to our hotel. We got to talking and I told him I was disappointed I didn't get to see the arazona memorial. He turned around, took me to the memorial and Pearl Harbor.

He got me lunch and took me back to our hotel and left me there.

HE had given me his email address and being young and foolish, I didn't pay any attention to it.

I grew up, went to college, met and married a guy, we had 2 daughters, he started abusing me, name calling etc. he broke my self esteem and I stopped caring about anything. We divorced and I moved On with my life.

One day a family friend was talking to me and told me he had a Army buddy who was single and looking for a good girl and could he give me his email address.

Lo and behold it was the exact same email address that I had been given back in 1995.

We have been together ever since.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Fourth of July. Then a Halloween party is when I finally got up the nerve to talk to him.
But he says he remembers me from three years before when he had the same group of friends as my ex at the time. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Lol that's cute.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Fourth of July. Then a Halloween party is when I finally got up the nerve to talk to him.

But he says he remembers me from three years before when he had the same group of friends as my ex at the time. Lol

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 18, he was 21. I was visiting his town/different state for a month. We met as soon as I got there and it waslove at first sight for both of us. We were together literally every waking minute. When I had to leave it broke both our hearts, but we had no choice but to split. We talked a few times over the years, both lived full lives but never forgot each other. 27 years later he found me on FB. We talked constantly for 3 weeks and decided circumstances werent going to break us up again, so we got married the day after we met in person again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beffy1215
by Beth on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

what a crazy story.. how cool!

we met at a college party

madmueller
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Awwww!! :)

It was meant to be

CcCwgrl
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM
I was 19 and he was 28. It was my second day of college
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a cool story sounds like you two were meant to be together from the start. : )

Todd and I met online dating on a site called couplemakers but neither of us were looking for serious exclusive relationships only casual dating and didnt ever want to marry anyone again ... we were both shocked beyond description when  we started falling really hard for eacother really fast, we didnt want to date anyone else, our first date was 16 hours long and 7 mos later we bought a house together and started raising our 5 kids together as OUR kids and he proposed on our 1 yr anniversary of our 1st date and now we've been together 9 yrs and our kids are grown up and we are all very close knit and best friends besides. Neither of us believed in soulmates until we metbut now we do and we are for sure bffs too

View Full Size Image YVONNE

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM
That's cool.
It sounds a lot like us!!

Quoting earthangel1967:

That's a cool story sounds like you two were meant to be together from the start. : )

Todd and I met online dating on a site called couplemakers but neither of us were looking for serious exclusive relationships only casual dating and didnt ever want to marry anyone again ... we were both shocked beyond description when  we started falling really hard for eacother really fast, we didnt want to date anyone else, our first date was 16 hours long and 7 mos later we bought a house together and started raising our 5 kids together as OUR kids and he proposed on our 1 yr anniversary of our 1st date and now we've been together 9 yrs and our kids are grown up and we are all very close knit and best friends besides. Neither of us believed in soulmates until we metbut now we do and we are for sure bffs too

SexyAngelBaby
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Met first back when i was in 7th grade and reconnected on fb a year before we got together
ShaneManic
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I was excited about finding a DVD I'd been looking for and was hurrying to find my mom to show her and didn't see DH sitting on the floor between bookshelves reading a book.  I kicked him in the shin and almost fell on my face but he managed to catch me and help me collect myself.  I had bright pink, purple, blue and green hair at the time (worked in a hair salon) and he thought that was amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN