Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honestly, do they really care? (related to another CM's post)

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 61 Replies

I have read a few different posts since I have been on CafeMom about keeping yourself for you hubby. Do our husbands REALLY care if we do this or not? Does he really care or even notice if we put make up on or did our hair before he came home (if we are SAHM'S). I personally go back and forth with myself about this situation all the time. I DO feel like it is necessary to do ourselves up for them even if we don't leave the house that day BUT I wonder if it is a big deal or not.

Do you personally do this?!!

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dtristan78
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine doesn't care. He can't even see a gray hair when I point it out to him. As far as makeup everyday, no way! I shower and get dressed, makeup and hair..nope! Ponytail and gloss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

He notices but tells me I don't need makeup I'm beautiful with out

AlekD
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM
4 moms liked this

I do try to look nice for when he gets home from work. I know that if he comes home and everything is a mess (including me) he gets stressed out because he knows that I've had a rough day and am not likely to be in a very cheerful mood. I like to make him feel at ease when he gets home, i feel like that is part of my job description. And that means putting myself and the house together so he can have a nice cheerful welcome. I find that the initial greeting when he walks in the door can change the whole mood of the evening.

*edit* I dont normally wear makeup though (i have sensitive skin) so it's not like I am primping for an hour before he gets home, I just make sure my outfit hasn't been spit up on or anything and that my hair is nice and my breath is fresh.

Breamarkable
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM
16 moms liked this
Me, "Baby, do you feel I keep myself up for you?"
My husband, "I guess so, why? There's got to be some dumb shit reason you're asking, it's that mom site, isn't it?"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pittymama
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

mine doesn't care but i do it anyway. not on days that i deep clean (for obvious reason) but otherwise i try to be showered/presentable when he gets home from work! i like him to be shaved and trimmed up also so it's mutual :)

jennie2263
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Well, let me put it this way. I don't put on a ton of makeup every single day and there are a lot of days that I seriously wear a ball cap, jeans, and a t-shirt. To me this is my lazy day. If we are staying home i will sometimes go without makeup but usually I wear it. This is because it makes ME feel good. My husband says that I am beautful with or without makeup, dressed up or not. I do try and make my hair look descent everyday though. That usually means scrunching it or putting it in a pony tail lol I think some people put way to much time into that but if it makes them feel better then I don't have  a problem with it. I also realize that some women don't wear makeup for many different reasons. Some don't like how it feels, some can't wear it because of skin problems or allergies. I think that being too judgemental of women not "dressing up" and putting makeup on means that you have too much time on your hands. This is just my opinion though.

Anonymous2u
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM
I don't do it all! My hair stays in a messy bun and I nvr where make up at home. I only where make up if we have an event. He appreciates it sooo much more when I do get dressed up for him. He doesn't think I need make up(he's wrong) I don't like to waste it. The more I use the more he has to buy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AliKatCam
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I keep myself looking nice for me. I don't like to look frumpy when I am going out in public. I don't wear makeup and my hair is pretty much "wake and shake" but I try to dress nicely and keep everything in check.  At home I am fine wearing basketball shorts and one of my BFs shirts with ugg boots as slippers.

queencreekmom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine doesn't really care about makeup, but yes, he notices when I try to look nice for him. Plus, he does care about my health and weight. He is always trying to think of family activities to keep us all healthy and in shape.

by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

He will tell me when I get dressed that I look good. BUT the many many times I don't he could care less. I always say thank God he's not the type to care because he would have left me a LONG time ago! Before kids there would be days he saw me in only in my pajamas bc he left for work before me and got home after me. Lol! He is totally a jeans and sweats guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)