Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Your disrepecting your husband!

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
  • 98 Replies
3 moms liked this
If you go out and have fun! This is what my neice told me today. She said in a healthy marriage, if you respect your husband. Then you won't go out with gf, stay out till 1:00 am just having innocent fun. I disagree! We all need at some point need a break from our mother and wife duties to let our hair down, go have some fun. Don't go cheat, or stay out all night. Maybe once in a while go have a drink or whatever you like to do. It don't mean you don't love your husband, or tired of being married. She also said control should be part of a relationship? That's bull! No one should be trying to control no One, we ain't robots. In a healthy marriage should be able to trust, and compromise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mel0dy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I am a reallly bad girlfriend then. I just went to the club lastnight LOL oops

babylove041810
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
13 moms liked this
I won't go out and stay out. And I wouldn't want dh to do it either. I believe when it's that late you need to be home with your family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sammybby09
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I don't get to get out very much. Hardly at all, but it would be nice every blue moon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scarletlolita76
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
I would go insane without my girls nights out! And he would go insane without his guys nights out.... I think its very healthy to have time away from each other and build relationships with your friends/family whoever you go out with... I would think a couple would get sick & tired of only bring around each other day in & day out without a break from the norm!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I go out with my girlfriends regularly and stay out until whenever I feel like coming home. DH knows when I'll be home (any time between 11 pm and 2 am usually). *shrug* I'm not disrespecting him while he's asleep. That's just silly.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM
6 moms liked this

I don't know why anyone who is married would stay out till 1am

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on what a person is doing and where they are going out and it doesnt need to be ridiculously late or really frequently and I think it also depends on how the significant other feels about it to some extent too and if you are hanging out with people who are respectful of your relationship/marraige or a bad influence and disrespectful.  Every couple is different.

My husband and I choose purposely not to go out without eachother except for once in a great while for example

I go swim laps in our apts indoor pool and he goes to the gym

I go out for frozen yogurt and for mani/pedis with a couple of our young adult daughters in the EARLY evening

and

he goes to a ballgame with his dad and brother.

We never go to bars or hang out late at night or things like that. This is what makes both Todd and I happier. SO I guess we are well matched bc we both feel the same way about it.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

MommaOfFive440
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Then Im a horrible wife! I went out with friends to the bar last night (which I rarely do)!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this

I disagree with her as well. Now, I am not a drinker or into the party scene. But I like to go to the movies and dinner with friends for a girls night out. Rarely get to do so.  However, my dh thinks it is good and so do I.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I must be the worst spouse ever.. Hubby and I go out and have fun with each other until late, sometime (like tonight and last weekend) I will be going out with friends and probably wont' get home until late. Heck, last weekend, he was out of town on a guys weekend and I went out with my girlfriends until 2:30 LOL  

I believe in balance: family time, couple time, and me time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)