Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Your disrepecting your husband!

If you go out and have fun! This is what my neice told me today. She said in a healthy marriage, if you respect your husband. Then you won't go out with gf, stay out till 1:00 am just having innocent fun. I disagree! We all need at some point need a break from our mother and wife duties to let our hair down, go have some fun. Don't go cheat, or stay out all night. Maybe once in a while go have a drink or whatever you like to do. It don't mean you don't love your husband, or tired of being married. She also said control should be part of a relationship? That's bull! No one should be trying to control no One, we ain't robots. In a healthy marriage should be able to trust, and compromise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Replies (91-98):
Fields456
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM
My mil tried to tell my dh that after she got remarried We both laughed. Everyone needs time to just go out with their friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRYSTALK1013
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM

We encourage each other to go out. Marriage doesn't constitute the end of your "old" life, just the start of a new one. 

beaugrl0824
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a terrible wife then! I'm in a golf league and a softball league without Dh and have girls night often even if its a glass a wine with my best friend across the street.

I respect and love my husband but I need my space.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fabulous24
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess on a terrible wife. I go out at least twice a month with my gf, weather It's meeting for lunch, going out for drinks or dancing. My girls and i even go away on trips sometimes. I believe in having a balance. Just because you're married doesn't mean you have to lose yourself. Doesn't take away from me being a wife or mother at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I rarely stay out that late. Everyone has there own opinions on this. You need to do what works for you family. 

HouseMa
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM

*You're

*doesn't, saying he don't, or it don't makes you sound like ghetto trash, stop doing it.

*aren't, ain't is not a word and it makes you sound more ghetto than using don't improperly.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Actually, Ain't is a word. It was introduced into the 1992 Merriam-Webster dictionary as the contraction of am not

Quoting HouseMa:

*You're

*doesn't, saying he don't, or it don't makes you sound like ghetto trash, stop doing it.

*aren't, ain't is not a word and it makes you sound more ghetto than using don't improperly.

Playitagain
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I think it depends on your marriage. I never go out without Dh and the same on his side. We also would never stay out that late anyhow, he works 6 days a week, and I wake up with him at 5:30 am every morning.

We've been married close to 20 years, and its always been like this. HOWEVER, that being said that is our marriage. I know lots of people who go out, sometimes its a good thing sometimes its a bad thing. If its my aunt, its a bad thing, she met her 3rd and 4th husbands that way LOL (Im being funny). However, I think if you both agree its fine then it is. I guess in the end its very much a situation of who you are and what your relationship is like.

If I did that, my DH would be not so much angry as he would be worried about me. Its not like there would be a big fight or anything. I don't think its disrespectful if you both have the same feelings on the issue. 

We also have the same friends, as a rule I cant stand women. I couldn't starting in middle school and ever since. Our friends are basically all guys also. I think it would be different if I had girl friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)