Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

OilField wives, girlfriends, fiance's, & SO

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 12 Replies
Does your hubby work in the OilField? If so where is he located? Who does he work for? Where do you live? How long is his hitch?

My dh is about to start working with Black Hawk in Williston, ND in January. His hitches will be 14/14 :) We live in Huntsville, Alabama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KWall10
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM

My hubby works in the OF has since before we met. We are located in PA. He's about 2.5-3 hours from home. He no longer works on location all the time as he works in the office and on location. He was working 21/7.  14/14 is nice!  Has your husband worked in the of long?

mommyofTC
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
We have been together for 3 years. He's been in the of since 2007 but took a year break in 2005. I love every bit of the of life though :)
risaspieces
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh just started in the of a little over a month ago. We live in Texas but we live about 3 hours south of his job. We've been together for 7 years, married 2 1/2 , and he was an otr driver before this job where he'd be gone for months at a time and only home for a few days. Now he works 4 days, home for 2.
farther
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:44 AM
We live in Wyoming and he works anywhere from 2 days to six weeks away. He's actually near Williston now.
3lilmonsters88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:46 AM
We live in NC and he works in WV and Ohio...anywhere from 7days to a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:12 AM
What part of NC do you live? I'm in Raleigh!

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM
I'm about a hour from Raleigh going towards Greensboro.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

What part of NC do you live? I'm in Raleigh!

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyMadie
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband works in Midland Texas. He works 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off. We live outside of Austin. We just got him an apartment out in midland so that our daughter and I can stay with him. Its so hard being away :(
mommyofTC
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:52 AM
yes it is. mine has been gone 3 weeks now. he is suppose to work.21/7 but he is on call 24/7 even when he is home. I'm still not sure when he can come home. he is in douglas, wy we are in North Al.

Quoting LoveMyMadie:

My husband works in Midland Texas. He works 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off. We live outside of Austin. We just got him an apartment out in midland so that our daughter and I can stay with him. Its so hard being away :(
momNstinks
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh started about 2 months ago. He's only been home for about 2 weeks since he's started. We live in KS and he mainly works KS, OK and TX. Right now he's on his way to PA for 2 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)