Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
You went to a concert with your husband and at the end of it you (and your mom that took you to the concert) wanted to stand in a 10 min line to get a pic signed by Kip Moore (country singer for those who don't know) and your drunk husband threw a fit and said he was going to walk home because he didnt want to stand in the line. Mind you we were 30 min away from our house and he was really drunk and took of walking and it is freezing out side, so I didn't wait in the line I went to go try to find him. I just wanted an autograph and he made a huge scene in public because he just didn't want to wait for me.

Would you be mad, hurt or both. This is the first night night I have had with no kids until the morning since I have been a mother (7 yrs) and I am in bed crying instead of enjoy time with my husband who is on the couch because he is acting like a child. He didn't walk home but to the car which I didn't know or i Would have just waited in the line.

Btw for you country music folks the concert rocked. It was Kip Moore, Justin Moore and Eric Church. I had had a great time until this happened.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
Snapdragon88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Yes. I'd be extremely upset with him for acting like a gigantic baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama91605
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Rarely, he don't drink hardly at all anymore. But we did have a great until this and my mom was buying and I was drinking as well only I can drink and act like an adult. It was the first time I have drank in a long, long time.

Quoting chloesmommy777:

How often does he do this stuff? I'd hash it out in a mature and calm manner with him when he is sober... preferably while still hung over... lol... be kind, though

mama91605
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Yes he did.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I would be a little mad, yea.  He threw himself a nice temper tantrum didn't he?

Lorena
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I would be pist that he got drunk and threw a fit in public. I would have let him walk home in the cold if he wanted to act as such and waited in line. Maybe the cold walk would have cooled him off. My dh use to jump out of the car while it was moving. Stupid I know but once I stopped stopping the car and drove away he stopped doing it. It was his littl way of throwing a fit in attempt to regain control over the situation or in protest. I delt with him like I would a two year old throwing a fit and ignored the behavior but talked when things calmed down.
I would talk to him once he has sobered up. Tell him how it made you feel and that he needs to find a way to make it up to you. Good luck.
mama91605
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Funny he has did that as well and when I stopped stopping as well he stopped getting out of the car. He walked 10 miles with no coat in the freezing cold.

Quoting Lorena:

I would be pist that he got drunk and threw a fit in public. I would have let him walk home in the cold if he wanted to act as such and waited in line. Maybe the cold walk would have cooled him off. My dh use to jump out of the car while it was moving. Stupid I know but once I stopped stopping the car and drove away he stopped doing it. It was his littl way of throwing a fit in attempt to regain control over the situation or in protest. I delt with him like I would a two year old throwing a fit and ignored the behavior but talked when things calmed down.

I would talk to him once he has sobered up. Tell him how it made you feel and that he needs to find a way to make it up to you. Good luck.

Lorena
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Then why was this time different?

Quoting mama91605:

Funny he has did that as well and when I stopped stopping as well he stopped getting out of the car. He walked 10 miles with no coat in the freezing cold.

Quoting Lorena:

MomRocs1102
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I would be pissed, hurt, and embarrassed completely.  He was selfish and over the top there is a way to handle things.  I would have let him wait and got my pic, there is no telling when you will get that chance again.  Im upset for you, that was pointless of him to act like that.

mama91605
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I don't know really. I guess because he was drunk and it was after 12:00am.

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting mama91605:

Quoting Lorena:

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I wouldn't be mad or hurt. I'd let him walk and do what I wanted to do. I don't give into my husband's childish fits, anymore than I do my children's. He's a grown man, if he wanted to be a baby and walk, I'd ask him how he liked the work out when he got home.

Lorena
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup I would have let him walk it off. Yet he only went to the car.so he would have been fine. If he did get picked up for being drunk ir stupid that would have been on him not you.

Quoting mama91605:

I don't know really. I guess because he was drunk and it was after 12:00am.

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting mama91605:

Quoting Lorena:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)