Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you keep a gun in the house?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 40 Replies

Was that your idea or your husband's?  Do you know how to shoot it?  Do the kids know about it?

My husband wants a gun in the house.  I've always been against it.  I keep telling him a large protective dog would be better than a gun.  As December 21st approaches I'm starting to re-think  that decision.  Of course it's too late now for a legal firearm...two week waiting period would take us to the 24th. 

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marinesweetie
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM
We have 22 guns. 18 are for hunting, 4 are for personal protection. I dont mind them. DH grew up hunting and always being around guns. DS will grow up the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkysmommy720
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Yes, we do. He is an LEO, so he has to have one. Yes, I know how to shoot it. Learned to shoot when I was a teenager. Kids know about it.

Why are you worried about Dec. 21st?

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Several and yes I know how to shoot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM

No way and we don't own one either. 

MsRkg
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Both my husbad and I know how to handle and shoot a gun, but I absolutely refuse to have one in my home.

rmspaccamonti
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Why the waiting period???

We have firearms in our home, both handguns and shotguns. My husband rarely leaves the house unarmed, especially this time of year. I grew up with guns in my home, so it doesn't bother me. We are responsible with them. We teach our children gun safety at a super early age. A dog wouldnt be much good if an intruder had a gun, he/she could just shoot the dog, I have one of those too!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bertha21
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I don't yet, I want one for my 21st birthday. I think everyone should have one. I LOVE that Colorado has the make my day law!!! I will use it if I ever have to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quoting pinkysmommy720:

Yes, we do. He is an LEO, so he has to have one. Yes, I know how to shoot it. Learned to shoot when I was a teenager. Kids know about it.

Why are you worried about Dec. 21st?

End of the world per the Mayan calendar, but also the next scheduled major solar flare storm which could wipe out many if not all the computer systems on Earth.  I'm not seriously worried about it, but it's in the back of my mind...

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

just_hc
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Yes, we have several firearms in our home.  I know how to use them and so do my children.  We have all been trained in proper use and handling of firearms.  

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM

We have a shot gun. I know how to load it but I have never used it. Hubby will be getting a handgun in the next six months. I will be getting my concealed weapons permit and and small sig handgun as well. No the kids do not know we have a gun or that we wil be getting more. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)