Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands....

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I know we all tend to complain and vent about our husbands on here but lets switch it up a bit for a day! :D

Let's talk about the great things they do to either make the day go smoother, help with stress, help with the kids, make us laugh, or just sweet things they may do to help us feel better.....

I'll start....

My husband and I have been together for 8 years now, married 7, and while he may have been slacking over the years in the romance department....he does just call to say he loves me :) He was on his way to class tonight and we had been rough housing in the kitchen before he left, I started it by poking him haha, and he poked me pretty hard in return. We laughed about it and then after he left I get a call from him just saying he loves me and he was sorry for poking me as hard as he did. Haha. Other than tonight's roughness, he does just randomly call to say he loves me. One night while he was at class, he walked outside to call and check on me because he knew I hadn't been feeling good and cramping a little. (I am 4 months pregnant) He has his sweet moments!! haha

What about you guys? What is something that your SO or DH does that just kinda melts your heart or makes you think, Wow...he does care or pay attention!! Haha :D

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband takes care of the things I don't like to do.
busy_momma2
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this

He'll surprise me and get a babysitter so we can have a night out together. Or write me a little love note or poem and leave it in my purse. He also sets the cd player in the car to a certain song for me in the morning. I hardly see my DH so its the little things like that, that get to me. I miss him now :(

trio8707
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM
3 moms liked this

My husband is my best friend.  I couldn't imagine not having him.  We have 5 year old triplets, 2 of them have severe Cerebral plasy and he is the GREATEST most patient and caring Dad.  He is always willing to help and I seriously wouldn't be able to do it without him.  He always mangages to find time in a crazy schedule to surprise me with a date night or just anything.  I love him! I really don't have very many negative things to say about him.  After being together for a little over 10 years now, I could honestly say that I could not imagine life without him.  He's my rock and I'm more in love with him now than I was 10 years ago.

EmmaZate
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

My Husband Took on a second job when I got put out of work in the Beginning of this pregnancy. I now stay home and rest and he works All day every day. He works from 5 am to 5 pm with the Army, comes home and works 5:30 till 11 most nights at a resturant in town. Then when he gets home he makes sure I am okay and tries to wait on me hand and foot. I try not to let him, though on the worst days I dont have a choice. 

leahsmom0201
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM
we recently moved close by an awesome park every night when he gets home from work he takes our dd so they can play and I can relax for a min. sometimes I go too and he always calls on his lunch break to see how we are doing just that little bit makes me smile :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cajun_lady_swla
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband sacrifices precious time with us to see that we're well taken care of. He works off shore and can be gone for monthsssss at a time, but he'll still find a way to call me every night. Despite being in rooms full of rather obnoxious dudes he does not hesitate to tell me he loves me or flirt with me out loud :). And when he comes home he'll go out of his way to spend time with each of us as individuals as well as take the whole family out on the town for dinner and a movie, or something just as spontaneous. I love him more than mere words can express!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM
He's been up since 5 this morning after getting only a couple of hours of sleep last night and still called me and let me prattle on about nothing until I made him go to sleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:01 PM

My husband is a dedicated, hard worker and great provider for his family. It's the main thing that attracted me to him. I'm a sucker for hard working men.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM

My husband surprises me with things all the time, he's romantic and thoughtful, he cooked me dinner today and did after dinner clean up. He's a great father and just all around wonderful

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

after some griping, I was able to get him to give the girls their breakfast and I get them ready for school.  He also handles giving them dinner and bedtime since I work nights.  I cook the dinner 97% percent of the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)