Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So, I know we all tend to complain and vent about our husbands on here but lets switch it up a bit for a day! :D

Let's talk about the great things they do to either make the day go smoother, help with stress, help with the kids, make us laugh, or just sweet things they may do to help us feel better.....

I'll start....

My husband and I have been together for 8 years now, married 7, and while he may have been slacking over the years in the romance department....he does just call to say he loves me :) He was on his way to class tonight and we had been rough housing in the kitchen before he left, I started it by poking him haha, and he poked me pretty hard in return. We laughed about it and then after he left I get a call from him just saying he loves me and he was sorry for poking me as hard as he did. Haha. Other than tonight's roughness, he does just randomly call to say he loves me. One night while he was at class, he walked outside to call and check on me because he knew I hadn't been feeling good and cramping a little. (I am 4 months pregnant) He has his sweet moments!! haha

What about you guys? What is something that your SO or DH does that just kinda melts your heart or makes you think, Wow...he does care or pay attention!! Haha :D

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
2lilmamas
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM
He's great overall. No complains here.
Dontchawishuknu
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

He calls me "Kitten"....I don't know why, but no other man has ever called me that pet name.  Baby, honey, sweetie....Yeah, but "Kitten" is special and different.

He takes out the trash....well, most of the time.  It should be at the curb right now, and he's playing hookie from school and is snoring away.

Matriarch87
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes my husband takes the garbage out to the corner on Tuesdays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maria1613
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine cooks for me so I have a warm dinnere after work. He works AMs and I work eves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Metteba
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

My SO, will call me through out the day to harass me & tease me.  He never does anything special and I'm really jello that all y'all Men do those special little things for you....

Metteba
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM

At least you get 'sometimes' LOL.  Mine only does it, if the sexy woman next door is out there messing around with non-sense.

Quoting Matriarch87:

Sometimes my husband takes the garbage out to the corner on Tuesdays.

kaitybird
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Mine it could be something as small as a message while I am on the computer.  That will always put a smile on my face.  This past week he came home and just said I took Monday and Tuesday off that way he doesn't have to go back to work until Sunday.  

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband works 60 or more hours a week during the holidays to provide for us.  He works really hard and puts up with a lot of crap.  He tells me he loves me all the time.  He offers all the time to keep the kids at home so I can go have alone time.  He is a great dad and is always pretty involved, even when he is dead tired.  He looks forward to seeing the kids every day.  And when he says "There is no one else I would rather share my life with" I know he means it to the depths of his soul.

He's a good man :)

Monsita
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine is learning how to be more loving!!! Therefore, he offers his help when it is time to drive the kids to soccer practices, boy scouts meetings, school events!! and I love that becuase he knows I do not like driving at all!

BipolarMom09
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

That is wonderful! How long have you two been married? After we had our boys, my husband and I had to learn to sit down and communicate more and work on things that the other spouse wanted/needed. We have come a looooong way since the beginning :)

Quoting Monsita:

Mine is learning how to be more loving!!! Therefore, he offers his help when it is time to drive the kids to soccer practices, boy scouts meetings, school events!! and I love that becuase he knows I do not like driving at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)