Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So, I know we all tend to complain and vent about our husbands on here but lets switch it up a bit for a day! :D

Let's talk about the great things they do to either make the day go smoother, help with stress, help with the kids, make us laugh, or just sweet things they may do to help us feel better.....

I'll start....

My husband and I have been together for 8 years now, married 7, and while he may have been slacking over the years in the romance department....he does just call to say he loves me :) He was on his way to class tonight and we had been rough housing in the kitchen before he left, I started it by poking him haha, and he poked me pretty hard in return. We laughed about it and then after he left I get a call from him just saying he loves me and he was sorry for poking me as hard as he did. Haha. Other than tonight's roughness, he does just randomly call to say he loves me. One night while he was at class, he walked outside to call and check on me because he knew I hadn't been feeling good and cramping a little. (I am 4 months pregnant) He has his sweet moments!! haha

What about you guys? What is something that your SO or DH does that just kinda melts your heart or makes you think, Wow...he does care or pay attention!! Haha :D

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Replies (31-39):
heavenlybliss19
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

we constantly text each other back and forth while he's at work.  when he comes home, he doesn't just tell me about his day, he asks about mine too.  he's always willing to help with dinner, even if he spent all day cooking at work.  he's always honest about everything, even if he thinks it might hurt my feelings (unless it's about my looks, then he does the smart thing and lies his butt off).  He never leaves the house without a kiss and saying "I love you" and never walks back in without a kiss and saying "I love you".  He remembers everything I love, even if I didn't realize I'd told him.  He'll put up with anything I want to watch without saying a word, even if he hates it (like last night's Mary Poppins).  He supports any idea I might have, even if I'm afraid of failing, he tells me there's no way for me to fail.  He squishes the spiders, even if I'm closer.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband always tells me I am beautiful and he loves me whenever he sees me. He pulls me in for a hug or a kiss when we are together and strokes my hair. He cooks dinner for me to take to work at night and he calls me Bunnie which I think is so cute. He came up with that name when he first met me.

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is up and gone long before I get up, but I wake up every morning to the text "Good Morning, Beautiful !"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lactatingloon
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Since the day we brought ds home from the hospital five months ago my dh has gotten up with every night time feeding to change his diaper before he hands him off to me giving me the chance to go to the bathroom, get water, etc biggest help ever. And he has called me by my initials LJ since we started dating making me feel like one of the guys or something and making me feel so much cooler than I actually am lol
Fyrestar68
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
He's in Afghanistan and volunteered to stay another 9 months because we are having another baby and he wanted to make sure that we are all taken care of during this wonderful time. He has already put in for time home during the due date. He's a wonderful man and father. When he is home, there are weekends that he will sweep and mop the house, just so I won't have to do it in the beginning of the week. :-) I love him so much.
BipolarMom09
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Praying for your husband sweetie! It takes a special kind of person to volunteer. My husband volunteered for one of his deployments because he loved his job :)

Quoting Fyrestar68:

He's in Afghanistan and volunteered to stay another 9 months because we are having another baby and he wanted to make sure that we are all taken care of during this wonderful time. He has already put in for time home during the due date. He's a wonderful man and father. When he is home, there are weekends that he will sweep and mop the house, just so I won't have to do it in the beginning of the week. :-) I love him so much.

mamalynnsmith
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

j have been married now 18 year in January and my love for my husband grows more each day. we have 2boys age 16 and12 my wonderful husband works 8to . 12 hour day 7 days a week so i can be at home with our boys.boys he is always thinking of ways to show he loves me. we dont go out to eat but he calls 3-4 times a day just to see how my day is and totell me he loves me

Fyrestar68
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Thank you, I sincerely believe in the power of prayer. It does take a special person to volunteer.

Quoting BipolarMom09:

Praying for your husband sweetie! It takes a special kind of person to volunteer. My husband volunteered for one of his deployments because he loved his job :)

Quoting Fyrestar68:

mommybellygirl
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I am picky eater and he is the chef. Sometimes he changes his "signature recipes" so that i will like them even though he likes them less that way. Also when I was pregnant he would cook me dinner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)