Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I need to vent before I explode!!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM
  • 24 Replies
My husband and I have been together 8 1/2 years and have been married 3 years actually the day before our first child was born which she was born on august 23,2012. So thin year is our first Christmas as parents.I'm a sahm and I'm proud of that fact but the only money I get is what I get if I ask him and he actually says yes or giftcards or if my mom Helps out. Well I was given a 50.00 giftcard by a friend and I was like great I can buy my husband's Christmas gifts with it so I went crazy I bought him the boxers he wanted and I bought him twelve things from aeropostale since he loves there store the giftcard covered 11 things and his boxers and since I knew he would love the shirt I was stupid and used my medicine money ugh. Well I wrapped all his gifts and he knows how many I got him because he saw the wrapped gifts when he came home from work.Well then he says dont expect much from me don't expect many gifts from me I didn't expect tons of gifts but it just hurt the way he said it.btw I thought my mom could helpme with getting my Medicine well she has no money now so stupid me for using the medicine money.One black Friday we bought these 9.00 blocks for our daughter that are soft and krinkle and he actually thinks that's all we should get her for Christmas her first Christmas REALLY!!!. So today my mom and I went out and I put a giftcard toward and my mom helped get her a bouncer and then my mom got her a couple other cute things which are great.My mom said since she's buying all this stuff for.my daughter she might not be able to buy me much for Christmas but it's fine to me because I love my daughter and I want her to have a great Christmas I'm just flameing I just had to get this all out.btw I bought him sweaters b4 like he asked for then we were in the same store he saw the sweaters not knowing I had got them and said he didn't like them my heart sank and broke. Ugh I had to get this out btw he knows I'm upset and he's In the room when he should be talking to me.btw all I really asked for was a 24 dollar charger for my phone. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:40 AM

That sucks, I'm sorry he's being like that. I'm not getting much for my christmas or my birthday either but I'm okay with it. Dh has gotten me two big ticket items within the last six months so there's nothing I really want anyway. Plus it was also dd's first birthday this month, and that meant more to me than presents for the sake of getting presents (not bashing you for wanting presents, that's what i told dh since we were tight on money). Hopefully he comes around and gets you what you asked for, its really not much. 

rayroe2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I got my dd diapers for her first christmas lol new babies don't remember these things. That would hurt me too if my dh said something like.

Mom050190
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:31 AM
2 moms liked this
You should have bought things for your baby not for him! He needs to grow up and appreciate his family!
Dayna29
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Sorry about that. I was really upset with DF last year. I thought he didn't get me anything because I DIDN"T get anything on Christmas Day. Only to find out that my gift was at my mom's house and we couldn't do Christmas with her that day. She was sick. But he ended up proposing to me on New Year's Day, when we did Christmas at her house.

MomTiara19
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:56 AM
1 mom liked this

You may need to get a part time job babysitting,or you can buy alot of things off swagbucks which I love doing.Even my daughter13 makes more money than me and bought her friends a few really cute gifts off amazon.Im still holding on to my money.

Also you can get creative and make alot of gifts with this website http://www.dollarstorecrafts.com/

LeetjieJ
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:17 AM
That's horrible. He needs to be more sensitive. I don't get Christmas & birthday gifts BUT my dh funds all my running costs (race entries etc) & all the expenses to do with my animals - & that can really add up through the year.
I hope you are wonderfully surprised on Christmas morning & that his attitude is just a smokescreen.
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:31 AM

My first question is why dont you have more $? I know you are a SAHM but why doesn't he give you more $? I assume he makes enough? That right there would make me mad. 

I'd return his gifts and buy something for myself. 

LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:36 AM
Id return all his shit and spend that money on baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrdNate
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I am sorry you have to go through this.  You should definitely return his things and buy for your baby.  My husband and I always get things for our kids first.  Why do you have to ask for money?  I am a sahm too, but I have my own debit/credit cards (they are joint accts with my husband) and I never have to ask to buy anything.  You do have a job (the kind where the rewards are far greater than the salary).  You need to put your baby first because they grow up way too fast (my "babies" are now 19, 17, 13, and 11).  Your husband needs to get on the same page as you in regards to your job and start sharing some of that money he is making - after all, you are a family.  Good Luck!  Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Sorry :( he's a Scrooge this year! Hope he snaps out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN