Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm New

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hello, it was suggested that I come here, as I may be able to find the help that I need.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juggamomma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Hi and welcome :) watcha need
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Quoting juggamomma:

Hi and welcome :) watcha need

Crickkett75
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Dealing with domestic abuse.

juggamomma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Whats goin on? Explain a little more to me

Quoting Crickkett75:

Dealing with domestic abuse.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crickkett75
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM

An organization recommended CafeMom this evening and that's why I'm here. I was told that I might find some valuable advise etc. here. I do hope that it is kept private. Note sure exactly how to use this site, so forgive me if I'm a bit slow here in replying.

Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I actually volunteer in an domestic violence organization.

Have you tried any of the helplines? There is also a webpage but your internet and/or computer usage might be monitored, please use a safer computer, and/or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

Quoting Crickkett75:

An organization recommended CafeMom this evening and that's why I'm here. I was told that I might find some valuable advise etc. here. I do hope that it is kept private. Note sure exactly how to use this site, so forgive me if I'm a bit slow here in replying.

Crickkett75
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

If this is bothersome topic for people here, I can leave. No worriess.

Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Also there are several domestic violence groups on cafemom you should add and ask for advice as well.

Crickkett75
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM

The National Domestic Violence Hotline can only speak for a handful of minutes, so they try to refer out to places that can possibly help. As for my computer, it is my own, so there are no worries about another seeing anything that I do. I've been all over the internet and I do have a wealth of information, along with having a plan for myself. However, until I can put it into action, staying here is horrendous and it's dragging me down fast.

Having a bit of a hard time with knowing how to use this.

Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Well I can not tell you when to leave, and having a plan is the first step. In my own personal experience with domestic violence I leaned that hanging on and waiting for the plan just was not an option. I left with the shirt on my back and went to a womans shelter.

Do you have family close by, is anyone aware of what is going on, is he at the home with you all the time?

Quoting Crickkett75:

The National Domestic Violence Hotline can only speak for a handful of minutes, so they try to refer out to places that can possibly help. As for my computer, it is my own, so there are no worries about another seeing anything that I do. I've been all over the internet and I do have a wealth of information, along with having a plan for myself. However, until I can put it into action, staying here is horrendous and it's dragging me down fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)