Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arguing withbf....do people normally call names?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
Bf and I are in bad argument right now. Hes put a fist in my face, called me names and said some real mean stuff. I had my digs.too but I didnt.call him names. I did throw back at him how he never got me anything for christmas.last year nor even.said merry christmas. He never shows love in my eyes. Do people.normally call really degrading names in arguments.or is relationship over?
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM
No, that's not normal. My husband has never called me names or shook his fist at me in anger. I haven't done it to him either. We know how to control ourselves, and know saying hurtful things will not solve anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Me and df do it :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM

We made a pact to never call names out of anger....you can not take it back.

There have been a few "your acting like and ass" thrown around but the more name calling happens the more it becomes the norm and acceptable, which is not acceptable in our house.

Words cut deep.

didyouthink76
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

BUMP!

Dqnana
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Kiddo ... if there is fist shaking and name calling, you are NOT in a relationship.  Do yourself a favor and stop spending time and space with this guy.  Get on your computer and look up "Rules for Fair Fighting" in a relationship.  This is how adults are supposed to try and behave when they disagree.

didyouthink76
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

BUMP!

shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Not just the name calling, but also the fist in your face is not normal.  I would say it is over.  I would be running as fast as I could! It will only get worse!

printerr
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Name calling and a fist in the face are both forms of abuse.  FYI, abuse generally escalates over time and gets worse, not better.

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:52 AM
This is my SO and I. That is NOT a normal relationship; it is abuse! Speaking from a personal level-ive been in 2 relationships where I've been treated like that and it IS abuse!

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

No, that's not normal. My husband has never called me names or shook his fist at me in anger. I haven't done it to him either. We know how to control ourselves, and know saying hurtful things will not solve anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM
My husband has never stooped so low as to name call. I haven't either.
It's Juvenal.
You guys need to learn to disagree without putting each other down.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)