Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Facebook

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 35 Replies

There are two things (right now, anyway), that bug me about facebook:

1) I don't like that facebook pages of the deceased are still around.  It kind of creeps me out for some reason.

2) I don't like when people go on there and complain about personal stuff all of the time.  I tend to block those people from my feeds.

What annoys you on facebook?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

- People who MUST update their status whenever they do something.  I don't need to know exactly what you ate for each meal or the 5 millions places you ran errands at today or anything of that sort.  I don't need a running commentary on every little thing of your day.

- Couples who are constantly writing cutesy things to each other.  That's why there is text and phones or tell it to their face.

- I don't need to know every movie you've watched.  I have a friend who has no life and sits and watches movies all the time (seriously - she works, comes home and just watches tv) and every movie she watches gets posted to FB.  She's been off this week, so the feed has been bombarded with movies that she's been watching.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Nothing

maria1613
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:02 PM
What gets me is the couples who LIVE together and write each other messages such as, "just wanted to sai hi and I love you."

Or the people who air their dirty laundry all over FB

Or those who CONSTANTLY update their status's

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

- People who MUST update their status whenever they do something.  I don't need to know exactly what you ate for each meal or the 5 millions places you ran errands at today or anything of that sort.  I don't need a running commentary on every little thing of your day.

- Couples who are constantly writing cutesy things to each other.  That's why there is text and phones or tell it to their face.

- I don't need to know every movie you've watched.  I have a friend who has no life and sits and watches movies all the time (seriously - she works, comes home and just watches tv) and every movie she watches gets posted to FB.  She's been off this week, so the feed has been bombarded with movies that she's been watching.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

-Those 'share to support this kid getting a surgery' type things. Nobody is sitting there adding up dollar bills and likes, people!

-The childish political stuff. If you don't like a politician, fine. Whatever. But it makes you look stupid when you post badly photoshopped pictures (like Obama with a turban on...that's the main one I've seen) and act like that should justify your dislike of them.

-Camera dumping. Yes, I admit, I take a lot of pictures of my daughter for my family to see. But they're all different. I can't stand seeing someone post 200 photos at once and they're all basically the same picture with minute differences.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yes!

I have friends who lived together prior to getting married and are both on FB and message each other - even when they are in the same room!  I was like WTF?!

Quoting maria1613:

What gets me is the couples who LIVE together and write each other messages such as, "just wanted to sai hi and I love you."

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

annasmom1234
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Facebook annoys me...period.

ashleigh24
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
The people that are out at a bar or out doing something fun and they must I mean absolutely always has to report to Facebook where they are at that moment!!! I'm sorry but if I am out having fun I am NOT on my Facebook or on my phone period!!!! Obviously you are obsessed or something. That is the only thing I can really think of right now.
maria1613
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My SO's older brother and his wife do that and I have a married couple friend who live together and they do it ALL THE TIME! And I do the same thing, i m always like WTF just use your voice to say I love you. Grrrr!

I seriously wonder how these people survived before facebook

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Yes!

I have friends who lived together prior to getting married and are both on FB and message each other - even when they are in the same room!  I was like WTF?!

Quoting maria1613:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't think of anything anyone on my facebook does to annoy me. I am really easygoing though so the other things people are mentioning either don't bother me or if they aren't my thing (like the political nonsense) I just ignore it.  I can't say it really annoys me though. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't stand the people that complain EVERY day about how stressed they,how life sucks and then one day out of the blue posts about how grand their life is and that they're so blessed...only to go back to the same old "woe is me" the next day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN