Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Cheat-ee's ...

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

If your husband has ever cheated, (texted, hooked up, etc) with another woman, did AND if you decided to stay with him, did you feel bad about yourself? Your body, looks, etc? Although we all know it was HIS fault and it doesn't mean you're not good enough. I'm just wondering how it made you feel after. Did you change to make you FEEL better? Details! I want to hear, please.

:(

by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EmmaZate
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband did. The only thing I was upset about was that he lied. I don't have low self esteem. I know if I chose to, I could do better. This is the man I chose to spend my life with, for better or worse. And just because he was stupid a couple times doesn't mean he needs to be thrown out like trash.

He has since quit drinking and he takes care of me when needed. Things are better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Yes and yes. My ex (wait wait) cheated and I stayed with him for a couple years. I felt horrible about myself, not only for staying but my appearance. I didn't change anything because I felt there was nothing I could change to improve myself for him. He also told me things like, looking at you turns me off, I think you're fat (I weighed 105 and I'm 5'5") he didn't like my hair being kinda red, thought my face fat, I disgusted him. Yada. There was nothing I could do. So needless to say he is an ex now.

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Going thru something now, it really hurts. I had caught him online cheating years ago. That busted any and all self esteem issues I had. Now many years later I found out his behavior never stopped. I feel used, betrayed and to me the worst is all the lies. I feel he's a stranger. My self esteem isn't as bad this go round cause he's admitted he's got a problem and needs help. There's something in my eyes I'm lacking for him to do it. I have a post on here about going to counseling Monday. I was under anon on my post but don't really care. I'm just embarrassed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I can tell you for sure (even though you won't believe me) that it wast you. Sometimes men just do crap. My ex beat the hell out of me and raped me and for years I blamed myself. I had horrible self image problems because if it. I eventually left him and went into therapy, and years later, I am stronger than ever. My self worth is no longer dependent on other people's views of me.

You will get through this mama and you will look at yourself better when you do. It takes time. If you need someone to talk to you can message me.

Quoting IMaBABYsMaMa:

Going thru something now, it really hurts. I had caught him online cheating years ago. That busted any and all self esteem issues I had. Now many years later I found out his behavior never stopped. I feel used, betrayed and to me the worst is all the lies. I feel he's a stranger. My self esteem isn't as bad this go round cause he's admitted he's got a problem and needs help. There's something in my eyes I'm lacking for him to do it. I have a post on here about going to counseling Monday. I was under anon on my post but don't really care. I'm just embarrassed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so very sorry you had to go thru such horrible things. He should be locked up. I'm so glad you are better.

Quoting EmmaZate:

I can tell you for sure (even though you won't believe me) that it wast you. Sometimes men just do crap. My ex beat the hell out of me and raped me and for years I blamed myself. I had horrible self image problems because if it. I eventually left him and went into therapy, and years later, I am stronger than ever. My self worth is no longer dependent on other people's views of me.

You will get through this mama and you will look at yourself better when you do. It takes time. If you need someone to talk to you can message me.

Quoting IMaBABYsMaMa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN