Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Budgets

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok who's good at it here? I need some help. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I can assist.

This is part of what I do at work and home. Send me PM if you want your info private :)

nsparky1964
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I use an envelop system...I make an envelop for every bill we have and that amt is written on the envelop, then that amt os divided into how many paydays there are in a month (gas/electricity $200/month.../2= $100/payday)..I put the amt into the envelop each pay, sometimes theres money left over that's our gravy fund/play money...
It is somewhat difficult to start (although I started off with a month ahead)if you don't have a month of bills saved..but once you get in the groove it works great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Thanks all for this I need as much info as possible.

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Look up Dave Ramsey. There is a group on caremom. He follow his plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
We do this too.

Quoting nsparky1964:

I use an envelop system...I make an envelop for every bill we have and that amt is written on the envelop, then that amt os divided into how many paydays there are in a month (gas/electricity $200/month.../2= $100/payday)..I put the amt into the envelop each pay, sometimes theres money left over that's our gravy fund/play money...

It is somewhat difficult to start (although I started off with a month ahead)if you don't have a month of bills saved..but once you get in the groove it works great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I'm starting to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM

What is the group called? I would love to do this.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Look up Dave Ramsey. There is a group on caremom. He follow his plan.

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Dave Ramsey Fans. I'm on my kindle and I don't know how to copy a link but you can do a group search for it. Its helped our family a lot. I also coupon. There is a website Afullcup.com that's wonderful. People post where they get coupons and what stores have the best deals. I saved our family a few thousand dollars last year doing this. (Came in handy to when my SO lost his job)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I just can't print the coupons though it's so tough for that. I do cut some coupons though. :) I found the page thank you so much.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Dave Ramsey Fans. I'm on my kindle and I don't know how to copy a link but you can do a group search for it. Its helped our family a lot. I also coupon. There is a website Afullcup.com that's wonderful. People post where they get coupons and what stores have the best deals. I saved our family a few thousand dollars last year doing this. (Came in handy to when my SO lost his job)

furbabymum
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I do Dave Ramsey too!! You don't have to be quite as extreme (we use a credit card for gas purchases and pay at the end of the month- blashpemy!) but a lot of what he says is very helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)