Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired Of It!!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM
  • 18 Replies

My dh and I have been together for over a year and married for 3 months, i am 10 wks pregnant and I am so tired of his parents....

They refuse to even acknowledge my existence let alone their grand child I am carrying, when they do talk to my dh its about everything else, his ds from his previous marriage and his ex wife (they have been divorced for close to 3 years). I am so tired of it i want to scream. They refuse to talk to me.... but tell my dh that his ex and he should be together... She is re-married for almost 3 years (she married the man she cheated on him with the day after their divorce was final) 

Is it wrong of me to say that when the baby does come if they can't accept me then they shouldn't see the baby? or am i over reacting?

I love my dh so very much and not all of his family is this way, his sister and brother in law are awesome, his aunt and uncle the same, even cousins.... but his parents dislike me and don't even know me.... so confused.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Cut your losses.
You can't make them like you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MiniMax
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM

They don't even know me... i have never even met these people. It is just strange. I guess you are right though.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Cut your losses.

CafeMom Tickers
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
In time they will see how good you are to their son. Just quietly kill them with kindness!

Quoting MiniMax:

They don't even know me... i have never even met these people. It is just strange. I guess you are right though.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Cut your losses.

nicole2884
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

how does dh feel about all this, cant be easy for either of you , is he ok with cutting them out, as much as i want to agree with you , its not just your decision 

opal10161973
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

If they are not talking to you and you are in the same room with them, then your DH needs to say something or you both need to just walk out.  They are purposely making you feel excluded and your DH is the one that is allowing it.  Personally, I would not stand around letting anyone talk like that in front of me.  If he isn't willing to leave, no one is saying you can't just walk out the door. 

IDC if he was the one driving either.  Just plainly state that this is not acceptable to you and leave- walking if you have to.  If he loves you, he will follow soon enough.  If he doesn't follow, well, then you know where his loyalties lie and you may want to reconsider this relationship or get counseling, at the very least.  He is allowing someone to disrespect his wife right to her face or his face even.  That's completely unacceptable.  If he even tries to argue it, ask him how he would feel if he found out someone was doing that to his DD.  I bet he would be pretty angry about that. 

MiniMax
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM

He agrees what they are doing is wrong. He also agrees that if they refuse to even acknowledge my existance that they should at least get to know me if they are going to have a relationship with our child, this may change after the baby comes... I know that it stinks all of this is going on. Cause my parents are gone so the only grandparents our child would have is his... it makes me sad.

Quoting nicole2884:

how does dh feel about all this, cant be easy for either of you , is he ok with cutting them out, as much as i want to agree with you , its not just your decision 

CafeMom Tickers
bbyB10
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM
I had these problems before , not with an ex , but I am the first girl he left his moms house for , and we are MEXICAN and have half black kids , well the pregnancy was like you mentioned above he told his mom and sister , you guys dont ask me how's is the baby coming along don't care etc , well they said its because she's not here yet BULLSHIT .... Well she's 13 months now and I REFUSE to go around them . On our babys first bday people the have no clue about my drama with them noticed that they don't like me , NEVER AGAIN , THEIR LOSS NOT.MINE ;-)
bbyB10
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I mean that I am the first girl he left his moms house for , and I have mixed kids from a previous relationship, his fam did not like that , we have a 13 month old together

Quoting bbyB10:

I had these problems before , not with an ex , but I am the first girl he left his moms house for , and we are MEXICAN and have half black kids , well the pregnancy was like you mentioned above he told his mom and sister , you guys dont ask me how's is the baby coming along don't care etc , well they said its because she's not here yet BULLSHIT .... Well she's 13 months now and I REFUSE to go around them . On our babys first bday people the have no clue about my drama with them noticed that they don't like me , NEVER AGAIN , THEIR LOSS NOT.MINE ;-)

MiniMax
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I bet your dd is absolutely stunning!! And I do not want to have my child exposed to drama either. Do you ever feel guilty?

Quoting bbyB10:

CafeMom Tickers
nicole2884
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Quoting MiniMax:

He agrees what they are doing is wrong. He also agrees that if they refuse to even acknowledge my existance that they should at least get to know me if they are going to have a relationship with our child, this may change after the baby comes... I know that it stinks all of this is going on. Cause my parents are gone so the only grandparents our child would have is his... it makes me sad.

Quoting nicole2884:

im sorry hun, i know how bad the in-laws can get, my mil is not a peach to deal with

hopefully they come around , they should make an effort

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)