Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If DH/SO gets you something you don't like..

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:31 PM
  • 20 Replies
Will you tell him or pretend you like it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I would tell DH and pick out something I like. DH always gets great gift though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Tell him because he'll notice if I don't wear or use it and ask. We are completely honest with each other.

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd pretend.... Especially if I knew it was expensive . But my husband keeps all receipts.
This is purely hypothetical for me .... When we window shop through the year, amazingly, if I ooohed over anything, it magically ends up under the tree.
:-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM

oh yes i well, because i know how much gift giving means to him, when he recieves a gift he well keep it even if like it doesnt fit right or its a video game he has beat several times, gifts mean alot to him

LOVES67
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I would tell him., but he never gives presents I don't like, his good on picking something I like..
ashmac03
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I would pretend to like it but I am terrible at hiding things from hubby.  He would know right away that I didn't like it.  

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:38 AM

i would keep it because ultimately it is the thought that counts.  He tried, he put effort into it, he put himself into it...that is what matters.

tmbmommy11610
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM
My husband has honestly never gotten me something I didn't like. He knows me very well. But if he did I think I would tell him I liked it. I love him too much to hurt his feelings. I don't think he would get me something I didn't like though.
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:22 AM
I'd pretend because I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings lol :) he does good though ;)
beachbeauty
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Pretend to like it.  He's given me jewelry before that I had an allergic reaction to and he still gets all pouty that I don't wear it.  He usually only notices that I want something if I tell him within a month of Christmas, though, otherwise I get jewelry, which is nice except that he gets me really nice stuff and I hardly ever get to go anywhere to wear it so it just sits in my jewelry box.  This year I had  two of my kids tell him what I wanted so he wouldn't waste more money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)