• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone done the love dare? I need some suggestions.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 29 Replies

I just got the book yesterday, so today is day 2 and I am supposed to do an unexpected gesture of kindness. The problem is that my husband works away from home so he is not here, what do I do? I don't just want to buy him a gift for him to have when he gets home but what else can I do? Does it have to be today?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TS9509
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I just started the book too!! I'm also on day 2. From what I read in the preface of the book, no you don't have to do it today. You can save it for another time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Send him a text or email telling him you appreciate all his hard.work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Send him a text or email telling him you love him and you miss him.
Is he close enough that you could behind him a special lunch/dinner treat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

No he's 100 miles away. I could do that if it wasn't winter and we weren't broke lol.

Quoting shadow_lark:

iHay
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I missed that I guess... I'll have to read it again.

Quoting TS9509:

I just started the book too!! I'm also on day 2. From what I read in the preface of the book, no you don't have to do it today. You can save it for another time.

TS9509
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I'm sorry it's not the preface, it's the introduction. It's the second page, 3rd pharagraph of the intro. It starts with second, you will be given a specific date to do for your spouse.

Quoting iHay:

I missed that I guess... I'll have to read it again.

Quoting TS9509:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Yes call him unexpectedly or text him. Thats sounds just right for day 2.
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Oh. That does make it hard. When I know my Dh is having a bad day I usually send him some pictures and remind him how much I love him and miss him and appreciate everything he does for our family

Quoting iHay:

No he's 100 miles away. I could do that if it wasn't winter and we weren't broke lol.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vig5179
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I'm on day 33.

I wrote down random things I loved about him (playing with son, how he kisses, his chest, that he works so hard to spoil us, etc.), then sent him one every hour while he was at work.

I pulled them at random each hour from a "book" I made forever ago, and turned red when I sent "I love your big sexy muscle" at that point he asked what I was smoking. I was so glad I still had several hours before he came home.

You can "create" a book and get ideas of things you love about him at http://www.lovebookonline.com/ and I used this to choose random pages.

soontobemommy22
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I  have done the book! You can send him a cute  text or anything along those lines

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)